sale me on the 6.5 creedmore

Everybody wants their name on a cartridge. I gave a friend some copy from Leonard Herter's catalog and suggested he pick a fractional name for his WunderBoomer.He settled on the soon-to-be-announced 3/8 Bil. One L, not to be confused with the 2-L BiLL. This stuff makes shooters tired after a few decades. Nonsense. In order to facilitate case buying, save annealing and case forming, he chose specs suspiciously close to the old standard .375 Whatchamadigger. Though it's a Wildkitty, It's a very nice all-around case, as are its 250 or so worthless litter-mates.

Happy thanksgiving from upstate NY all! My thoughts are... if the 260 rem got as much hype and marketing as the 6.5 creedmoor than the 6.5 wouldn't exist. I don't own a 260 only because no one sells them in NY for some reason. The 6.5 creedmoor is a great round but in reality if I'm shooting any animals at distance then I go with a 300wsm that will out perform the 6.5 creed in all categories and with a break it kicks like a 6.5 would. Seeing as to how I rarely shoot at long range for animals I stick with a 6mm platform which has never let me down and can still reach out there to punch some paper at 1k on a not so windy day. If the wind is a huge factor in shooting then you have to use dope no matter what you're shooting and if you can use it correctly it's a difference of a few extra clicks at 1k so not sure why the hype.

I just got one for long range wallaby/varmint hunting Howa HCR 26'' stainless varmint barrel, sonic suppressor, 1.5lb trigger, Sig Sauer 5-30 scope I had been holding off as on paper my 243 looked better but so far the CM has been more consistent with factory ammo (I dont reload) and better in the wind, its a real tack driver with low recoil so that more often than not you can see the hits in the scope which is great when solo hunting and ammo selection is fantastic, I like it for what I do with it and haven't fired the 243 since have been knocking wallabies over on the far face in the pic with it, great fun
IMG_2372.JPG

give credit for its marketing. It works it's got a name and the retailers stock the ammo. No wonder it is a successful round. Does it perform miracles I doubt it😀

I just got one for long range wallaby/varmint hunting Howa HCR 26'' stainless varmint barrel, sonic suppressor, 1.5lb trigger, Sig Sauer 5-30 scope I had been holding off as on paper my 243 looked better but so far the CM has been more consistent with factory ammo (I dont reload) and better in the wind, its a real tack driver with low recoil so that more often than not you can see the hits in the scope which is great when solo hunting and ammo selection is fantastic, I like it for what I do with it and haven't fired the 243 since have been knocking wallabies over on the far face in the pic with it, great funView attachment 228117

Dam! That's a howa?? They are stepping up their game!

Why would you do this instead of the 260AI?
My only concern with this "ultra creed" as the smith calls it, your neck ends up short, but so does an AI. The creed case trim length is 1.910 and the the total neck length in the chamber is 0.295, the 260 rem has neck of 0.260 long. After forming I bet you'll lose another 5k. So you're going to have short ish neck in a long ish chamber. That leaves area for carbon rings to build. If a guy were to say shoot some 260 rem brass 3 times without trimming and then form them into this chamber, it would be great. Maybe I'm over thinking it. I have an extra 6.5mm 8tw barrel in the safe, I'm very tempted to have my Tikka setup with the deep creed chamber set with about 250k freebore and run the long action magazine. That way the 143/147/150/156 bullets are out the powder space.

Attachments

• 260-Remington8.gif
    260-Remington8.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 65creedmoor.jpg
    65creedmoor.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 64
I see a pattern with the haters. They shoot other 6.5's and cant stand that the creedmoor is more popular. Then there are the why do we need another round we already have xxxx which is really just as good crowd. And lets not forget the I dont like anything thats new or trendy crowd.

American company develops new round and does what no other company could that is make a 6.5 round successful in this market. Timing is everything. The creed arrived about the same time the interest in longer range shooting started getting popular. Kudos to Hornady. They even put the original load data on the box. H4350 and the creedmoor is like peanut butter and jelly. It's an American success story. If you cant see that you probably should vote democrat. 😁

see a pattern with the haters. They shoot other 6.5's and cant stand that the creedmoor is more popular. Then there are the why do we need another round we already
Hey....its really ok. It keeps the excess creedmoore brass on the shelf and available for my plinking pleasure. I wish people hated the prc more!

That leaves area for carbon rings to build.
I can assure people this, I use 06 Lapua brass and after fire forming its .015 shorter to max C.O.A.L in a 6.5x06AI and I see Alex is doing the same thing in a 280AI.
Theres no difference scrubbing a .010 area on trimmed back brass than .015 people read way to much into it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.