Rifles we wish we've never sold, and WHY!

Sold both of my matching 700 SSBDL 7RUM & 300RUM, a few years after they came out! They were BEASTS to shoot, especially the 7RUM, in sporter weight configuration, but they shot were you pointed them. The Remmy actions, of that era, looked like they were machined with a hammer & chisel too.

1st run 25-06 Sendero, I miss that one the most!
I love mine and it won't leave my ownership until I do. That gun drives tacks.

When I was a teenager my great uncle passed on to me a rifle that he'd been given as payment for work he'd done. It was a Browning SA-22 Grade III engraved by Angelo Bee and manufactured in Belgium. I only shot a few rounds through it on one occasion before deciding it was entirely too nice to do anything with besides look at it. A few years later when I was in college and desperate for cash, I decided to sell it because I never used it. One of the most beautiful rifles I've ever laid eyes on; and even if I never would've used it again, I still regret selling it 12 years later.

While I rarely sell or trade my rifles, there have been a couple I let go and do regret. Back in the 80's, I traded a beautiful custom Remington 30S in 30-06 to a friend, and it only occurred on the promise if he ever let it go, it had to come back to me. Two years later and without telling me, he sold it.

In the 90's under the Clinton assault weapons ban, I sold my M1-A Nat'l Match rifle to a guy who just had to have it and was willing to pay major $$$. I made NRA High-Master with that rifle, and while at the time the money offered seemed too much to turn down, almost immediately I regretted the sale.

I had a crappy old Savage 340 in .222, weaver side mount and a Weaver steel tube target scope, it shot circles around a good number of Remington 700's and Savages in .223. The trigger was about 6-7lbs.

Mine was an old and much used 92 Winchester in 32-20. Probably the most useless caliber ever made. It was my grand fathers, then my Dads then mine. Young and stupid wanting the latest and greatest, sold it and put dollars on a 700 in .243. Great gun.
But with the benefit of hindsight, the sentimental value of that old rifle was worth heaps more than the few bucks I got for it.

Just a poll to see how many of us have sold or traded away a rifle, that haunts us to this day!
I know that I have, and at the time, it was thought to be needed.
Mine, was a Winchester Sharpshooter, in 7stw. It had a Schneider barrel, blueprinted action, and full bedded action from the factory.
I was in the process of buying a house, and as everyone can imagine, unexpected costs came up, that required fast cash. I've cringed about it so many times.
Thoughts and comments?
What's your story?
What? Who in their right mind sells any of their guns!
Ummmmm, however, I too did have a weak moment 30 odd years ago where I parted with a Tikka 22-250 & then a 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser Delux - I still don't understand what I was thinking at the time. I would love to have them back.

I never sold any but haven't been in it for more than 8 years either. I've come close to selling my compass 270 though.

Oh so many have gone through my life that I wish I had kept. First on my long list would be Ruger 77 RSI in 308 Winchester, regret selling that rifle to this day. Next would be Remington 700 Mountain Rifle in 280 Remington, best hunting rifle I ever carried. Last was a Dan Wesson 44 Pistol Pac that I sold to a Lass that was going to Alaska and just had to have that pistol pac. I didn't want to sell any of them, but somebody always wanted them worse than I wanted to keep them $$. I have replaced the Dan pistol pac with a Stainless 44 4 barrel set that I have waited years to get my hands on.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.