Rifles we wish we've never sold, and WHY!

Mine was a Winchester model 70 in 264 win mag. I was moving from Idaho to Pennsylvania and didn't think I would need a caliber like that in PA. It was one of only two guns that I have had in my life that I never missed anything that I shot at with it. What a mistake.

None, who would do that? But - I sold a single shot 20 gauge one time after I got tired of getting kicked by that little monster. And my biggest one - two of us were at a DU banquet and my number got drawn (or whatever, it's been too long) for the take-down .22. They messed it up and said my best friend won it! I figured it worth the life-time of ammunition they just gave me to tease him for the rest of our lives:)

browning 308 BAR stalker with open sights, awesome bush gun for knocking over wallabies on the run. Couldn't have kept it now anyway as our retarded NZ government banned all center fire semi autos, but have great memory's of that gun

My Dad told me many years ago that if you sell a gun you will regret it. I have sold a few (4), they were some I bought kind of on the spur of the moment and did very little with. A extreme amount of time was but into thought and consideration before the final decision was made to sell them. They were replaced with guns I knew I wanted and would keep. I don't own any at this time that I would even think of selling.

I had a Savage model 10 FCP-SR when they 1st came out, had the digicam stock on it, 26" fluted barrel, 10 round metal mag and that thing was tack driver of a 308. I still to this day dont know why I sold that one!!!

The one I wish I had back was given to me by my Dad when I was in my 20's (early 1980's). It was a Stevens .22 target rifle that he got from the Illinois National Guard when he was in high school. I sold it because I wanted something else and didn't know any better. That thing had a 5 round mag and a 26" bull barrel. I remember shooting rocks across the river that seemed like they were 200 yards away. Boringly accurate with those peep sights. I remember the serial number to this day...ILL 146. It's the only gun my Dad gave me that I wish I had never parted with.

I see a theme here - lots of .25-06's showing up. Totally get it. Shot my brother-in-law's Ruger 77 (tang safety) in .25-06 and loved it. Accurate. Easy on the shoulder. Shot FLAT, way out there. But he wouldn't let it go because he got it from his Dad. Wise man. That's another 'lesson' I see repeated - letting go of guns rec'd by family. Been there, did that, and regret it, too. Dad's gone. So is the 10/22 he bought me when I was a kid. Remorse for the loss. We all have some, I would imagine.

I had two from my favorite uncle who passed. Dad didn't know he had given them to me and gave back to my Aunt who promptly sold to a family friend who collected winchesters... Jeez I miss them him.

We don't have the large game here in Australia so mine was a Sako l461 in 222R. I won a couple of Hunter Class matches with it but sold it to a guy for his competition purposes. Then I tracked it down and bought it back. I started house building and another friend did my electrical work and being short of cash offered him the Sako which he had tried to buy in the past. Unfortunately my friend suffered a stroke and the Sako came back to me as a hand me down for my son.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.