revolutionary ammo design

None of this really impresses me. It's just lots of taxpayer dollars spent on something with an ooh shiny to placate us for the lack of results.

Three years ago some synthetic case manufacturer was begging for money from the .gov about their whiz bang new mfg technique. They lauded the ability to setup plants quickly, touted it as a primary merit... you know in case of war it would scale quick. and yet in the middle of the hottest ammo market in 3 panic cycles they couldn't figure out how to self fund to profitability a new "latest at greatest".

Wake me up when it's viable in the private sector....

We spent 20 years chasing and loosing to enemies no where near peer status. The idea of lighter ammo sounded great. Look at the ww1 style slug fest going on in Europe right now. It's not high zoot warfare, it's who can make the most cheapest... and it isn't our post nafta backsides doing that.

Take that sweet high pressure very expensive stainless steel case... and put it in the hands of the chubby purple haired they's and thems were raising en masse...doesn't tip the scale much does it.

Most/all of them should be able to, at least once. The safety margins in the designs is pretty large usually. But if the pressure level was common they'd need to over-build to a higher margin.

A lot of people will say that using a .590" bolt face in a Rem 700 action is dangerous because the lugs aren't large enough to handle increased bolt thrust, which is why .750" bolts with larger lugs are normally used in that bolt face size.
A lot of .750 bolts have smaller lugs then a .700 bolt…defiance and kelbly come to mind

A 1.0625 tenon thread can only allow lugs that large….the bigger bolt eats up some of that

I've shot the high pressure sig cases, the polymer hybrid cases, full polymer cases, and the newer all steel cases. There are merits to them all. However, I asked a manufacturer if the all steel cases were reloadable and the answer was "We didn't design them for that, so I don't know how it would work." The all steel cases were pushing a 175 SMK over 3k fps in a .308 Win. I've seen the high pressure sig cases run 3200+ with a 150 gr bullet.
I believe this is the next evolution of cartridges, bullets and powders keep getting better so the case should follow. As stated though, the rifles need to handle the pressure.

yes they will replace your brass with this just to keep brass out of the hands of reloader to sell to other companies for bigger profit. in the mean time the woke companies are buying up ammo companies that make bullets and primers if they cant take your guns by leagle means they will keep you from the ability to make it or even buy it.

I'm guessing since it is a steel product that it will be the opposite of brass. It will get softer with each reload. Heat it up to make it hard enough?
I believe it's the opposite as well...but you heat ( anneal) brass to make it softer heating steel to make it harder ( tempering)...me thinks!

No, stainless steel.
I'm surprised nobody has compared them (in part at least) to nickel-plated brass cases. I have a fair amount of these in 22-250 I inherited from my father in law. I haven't had to do much reloading for that rifle though, as I also got a lot of loaded rounds, but have reloaded them before without any issues. I know people say they can scratch your dies but I've never had issues with that either. Steel would definitely be less expansive and forgiving than nickel plated brass though.

A lot of .750 bolts have smaller lugs then a .700 bolt…defiance and kelbly come to mind

A 1.0625 tenon thread can only allow lugs that large….the bigger bolt eats up some of that
I hear what you're saying, and yes they do. But I betcha plenty of engineers at Ford thought the Pinto was a good design, also.

Stiller has the better action design for .590" bolt faces IMO. The larger barrel tenon has the benefits of not just more lug surface area but additional radial support of the case.

It would be one thing if I was running factory 338 LM rounds. It's another to be wildcatting 7s and 30s off the Lapua case with no hard pressure data. The Lapua bolts I work off of have a 1.100" outer lug diameter, and with the way circular area works out I end up with ~30% more lug face than with a .990" radial/ 1.0625" tenon.

It's funny that the Interwebs tells us all the Rem 700 Action is in no way suitable for .590" bolt faces, even though when staying inside the 1.0625 tennon the larger lug diameter of a factory .695" bolt is probably better even with the thin bolt nose walls than a .750" bolt.

(Full disclosure - I have a Defiance .590 bolt face/ .750" bolt diameter action, and several Savage large shanks also)