Nosler's revolutionary creation

As far as 30 cal twist rates, 1 in 10 has been the standard since like 1892 and the Krag. We all know how the Scandinavians loved "slow" twist barrels on their 6.5's. I think most of my .30's are 1 in 10. I have never had an issue with lighter bullets. Of course I don't approach 4000 fps with any light bullets either. Sometimes I think we spend our time picking fly poop out of the pepper.

To get the most out of my 300WSM I quit using a short action and went to an intermediate 3006 length action with s magnum bolt face I could use the highest BC copper bullets. Action is 3.3" OAL friendly.
Always thought that was the ticket for the WSM. Put it in an intermediate or long action where the bullets are seated further out. I personally don't care for short actions as I don't like being limited by mag length. This is just my preference..

They could just make AB and ABLR just period. Can't find either anywhere. No sciroccos either. ***?
Did you guys get the message from Midway about some recall with a small batch of Accubond long range 7 mm. and I do have some siroccos 210 gr 338 caliber if you want them

Good point. I give Hornady credit for not price gouging. Most Hornady ammo is a decent value, comparatively. And it's actually available from time to time.

I know there's a lot of shade being cast on Hornady these days. But the reality is that they are putting out well designed cartridges. Marketing can only take a product so far; eventually intrinsic value has to take over if it's going to have staying power, and the PRC's have proven to be more than marketing fluf.
When the bench rest or F class shooters start picking up the CM/PRC cartridges, then maybe I'll find merit in their "revolutionary" designs.

Attachments

• IMG_0028.png
    IMG_0028.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 40
When the bench rest or F class shooters start picking up the CM/PRC cartridges, then maybe I'll find merit in their "revolutionary" designs.
F Class shooting translates so well to other disciplines and is so respected that manufacturers are jumping all over themselves to get SAAMI approval for .284 Shehane and various other wildcats used there. I hear Savage and Ruger are already building reamers for their machines so they can sell Axis and Predators in Shehane for $400.