"Restoration of Gray Wolves" initiative in CO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big mistake they decimate every other animal .
If this stupidity keeps prevailing the Dems will have all of our guns and we will be fighting off wolves using wooden pitchforks much like the farmers in Siberia, Russia are presently having to do. But we will be fighting a canine that is twice as big as the wolves in Russia are. Over there they have had packs of over 100 wolves attacking large wedding parties devouring the entire family and guests.

Well here in West Virginia we are reintroducing elk back to the southern part of the state maybe in another 10 years we will be able to hunt elk here. I doubt they would ever introduce wolves here the natives would go crazy.

Not sure if this is the best place to post this but, wanted to give CO residents a heads up on one of the initiatives that will be on the 2020 ballot.

"Restoration of Gray Wolves" Initiative Qualifies For 2020 Ballot
The Elections Division at the Colorado Secretary of State's office announced today that Proposed Initiative 107 ("Restoration of Gray Wolves") has qualified for the 2020 General Election ballot.

The "Restoration of Gray Wolves" Initiative is a statewide initiative and therefore requires at least 5% of the total number of votes cast for all candidates for the office of secretary of state at the previous general election, which in this case is 124,632. This requirement is outlined by Article V, Section 1 (3) of the Colorado constitution. After reviewing a 5% sample of the 215,370 submitted signatures, the projected number of valid signatures is greater than 110% of the total number required.

Random Sample Verification Summary:

Total number of qualified signatures submitted - 215,370
5% of qualified signatures submitted (random sample) - 10,769
Total number of entries accepted (valid) from the random sample - 6,967
Total number of the entries rejected (invalid) from the random sample - 3,802
Number of projected valid signatures from the random sample - 139,333
Total number of signatures required for placement on ballot - 124,632
Projected percentage of required valid signatures - 111.80%

The Calculation of Sufficiency is available here. The text of the "Restoration of Gray Wolves" Initiative is available here. A record of all accepted and rejected signatures, including reasons for each rejection is on file with the Secretary of State.
The other initiatives approved for the 2020 ballot at this time are Senate Bill 19-042 National Popular Vote Referendum and Initiative 76 ("Citizen Qualification of Electors").

Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold
1700 Broadway, Suite 200, Denver CO 80290
www.sos.state.co.us | 303-894-2200

With Minnesota as my home state, and having lived and hunted in Colorado, I think this initiative is a poorly thought out proposal. The gray wolf has all but destroyed the deer hunting in the Lake Superior region of Minnesota, along with a good number of pet dogs and whatever else lives on the end of a chain, and has treed hunters. Gray Wolves are now migrating south to find food. They are a magnificent animal that must be managed.

Thanks for posting this SilverBullet.
How are they funding this initiative, and who is going to pay for the management of the wolves and the damages caused by the reintroduction? I read a post yesterday that said it would all be paid out by CPW?
If that is truly the case, every single hunter and fisherman needs to understand that THEY are being asked to foot the bill for something someone ELSE wants reintroduced.

Good luck!
This happens all the time, Few make the decisions for the majority and spend the peoples tax dollars.

Well here in West Virginia we are reintroducing elk back to the southern part of the state maybe in another 10 years we will be able to hunt elk here. I doubt they would ever introduce wolves here the natives would go crazy.
Dont bet on it, if the lefty liberals havevthere way there gonna be in all 50 states

This state don't have as many lefties around here and if they did the first livestock to be killed by one the war would be on. We didn't used to have coyotes here and then they started showing up and got after the livestock and the war was on. Farmers were finding dens and poisoning them and the state started paying bounties on them. Plus here if the state introduces something like that the state has to pay for lost livestock

Let's see.....maybe before reintroducing elk they should give you the wolf first....only logical way to use the sportsmans tax monies....why bring elk in to feed wolves....there are plenty of whitetail throughtout the east coast......causing way too many driving fatalities.......

Last edited:
I've lived here in CO all my life and find it hard to believe what it's become. Our politicians are lefty liberals and the western part of the state simply has no voice anymore. I'm all for shooting every wolf that hits the ground here but doubt that will happen... something to be said for obeying the law. I'm going to Wyoming next month to start looking for a place to move to.

Washington is gone...oregon is gone...california is gone...nevada is going.......idaho will be soon enough as all the californians moving here.....what makes you think Wyoming is any different....
What we are battling is the urban sprawl....all the people wanting fresh air..and to view wildlife.....they vote to pass the initiatives...and their growth is way faster than locals can reproduce.....
Gee...sound familiar....wolves transplanted...and animals depleted............

Washington is gone...oregon is gone...california is gone...nevada is going.......idaho will be soon enough as all the californians moving here.....what makes you think Wyoming is any different....
What we are battling is the urban sprawl....all the people wanting fresh air..and to view wildlife.....they vote to pass the initiatives...and their growth is way faster than locals can reproduce.....
Gee...sound familiar....wolves transplanted...and animals depleted............

Add Montana to that list, too. Too many Liberals moving here and wanting to change the state to be like the one they just left. Does that make sense to anyone???

Let's see.....maybe before reintroducing elk they should give you the wolf first....only logical way to use the sportsmans tax monies....why bring elk in to feed wolves....there are plenty of whitetail throughtout the east coast......causing way too many driving fatalities.......
Our whitetail population is down from its highs we had in the 90's. So much so alot of the hunters I know are backing down on the amount of deer they are killing

Status
Not open for further replies.