"Restoration of Gray Wolves" initiative in CO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take a page right out of the Bunny Humpers play book and go find a Federal Judge in Colorado that loves hunting and file a lawsuit to stop it right away in that court... Well .....that is if you can find a Federal Judge with a bit of common sense... Judge and Court shopping is #1 advancement for the animal rights people and their cause...Keep this tied up in a kangaroo court till its to late..The lies told to get wolves reintroduced were many... Don't count on your own states Fish and Wildlife to help you.. They will cut your (hunters) throat for a few $ million and 4-5 more employees to study the wolf reintroduction. ..

Thanks for posting this SilverBullet.
How are they funding this initiative, and who is going to pay for the management of the wolves and the damages caused by the reintroduction? I read a post yesterday that said it would all be paid out by CPW?
If that is truly the case, every single hunter and fisherman needs to understand that THEY are being asked to foot the bill for something someone ELSE wants reintroduced.

Good luck!
That's a great point!! If you don't have livestock, or have not purchased a resident Colorado hunting license you shouldn't be qualified to sign the initiative. I don't live in Colorado, but being from the PNW we understand how a major population center like Denver controls the lives of rural citizens.

Yep...good luck....best thing Colorado could do is shut the entire state off to hunting and fishing......leave it all to the bird watchers..skiers..potheads..and people whom crap in and on the sidewalks....oh....I think that's the same people.....oh well you lose...

Well maybe there is a good part to wolves being there...they may chase the elk on the ranches and the state parks where you cant hunt back into the national forest........doubtful....good luck....
Whoah! Truth be known, that is exactly what they are after. Anything that drives a conflict with hunting is what the intent of the ones who are driving this initiative are after. When they started raising the wolves in the Sun Valley area of Idaho (the most densely liberal populated region in our state) we were duped into believing that they were only a test group and they would be removed afterwards. Didn't happen and our elk herds were decimated in a 10 year period afterwards. Now they inflict a small percentage of deaths (per fish and game reports) Well, golley, if you are hunted to death you figure a way to try to survive and the few smartest elk left are doing this. But they are also the 10%-15% left of the healthy herds we were maintaining before the wolf introduction. Now the wolves have found that beef and mutton are easier table fare. So our ranchers and sheep raisers are getting pounded while the hunters continue paying for everything. Not one penny of the wolf lovers money has been spent for wildlife area enhancement. Their money is paid to lawyers to shut down all hunting one piece at a time. Making a statement like you did will be used by them to enhance their coffers by showing they are getting hunters to be apathetic, which I know is not your intent but, please be careful about how your words can be misconstrued and used by those who are trying to end hunting.
The elk predator kills are now higher from cougars than wolves because the elk population has migrated to higher elevations to escape the wolves. Sadly, the area they are now being forced to live in is densely populated by mtn. lions so they are in a no win situation.

Last edited:
I just spoke with the Wildlife Biologist yesterday about how pathetic the reintroduction of Wolves into the Rocky Mountains was. She was very polite and told me most of the collared Elk they track via GPS and stop moving Mountain Lions still account for slightly more of the total number, 35% to 32% on Cows, and 45% to 28% for Elk calf mortalities. The Panhandle of Idaho has suffered more from heavy snow, loss of edible ground cover due to noxious weeds like spotted knapweed and St. John's wort which BTW nothing will touch it!

I voiced my opinions over what once was a thing of beauty to now hardly seeing any Elk, and Deer. It was a balanced conversation and not a feud over the issue, just that I miss seeing the Wildlife I once enjoyed seeing while out hiking and hunting.

I wasn't issued a night time hunting permit for on public lands BTW, which I asked for before my conversation with the biologist..... What a surprise, because they said theres' Big Game animals in the area..... Which I said what does that have to do with predator hunting feet from my property?

Colorado will surely lose a lot of their Big Game animals if they introduce more Wolves that could easily walk over from Wyoming. A lot of growth in population has flooded Colorado, and I'm sure most don't hunt.

Last edited:
As a Colorado Native on the West Slope this along with all the other BS the big city has crammed down our throats makes me want to get the Hell out. Hard to believe that a state so dependent on revenue from hunting would consider something that will devastate the Deer and Elk. I hope like Hell this get's rammed back up their sorry asses.

Whoah! Truth be known, that is exactly what they are after. Anything that drives a conflict with hunting is what the intent of the ones who are driving this initiative are after. When they started raising the wolves in the Sun Valley area of Idaho (the most densely liberal populated region in our state) we were duped into believing that they were only a test group and they would be removed afterwards. Didn't happen and our elk herds were decimated in a 10 year period afterwards. Now they inflict a small percentage of deaths (per fish and game reports) Well, golley, if you are hunted to death you figure a way to try to survive and the few smartest elk left are doing this. But they are also the 10%-15% left of the healthy herds we were maintaining before the wolf introduction. Now the wolves have found that beef and mutton are easier table fare. So our ranchers and sheep raisers are getting pounded while the hunters continue paying for everything. Not one penny of the wolf lovers money has been spent for wildlife area enhancement. Their money is paid to lawyers to shut down all hunting one piece at a time. Making a statement like you did will be used by them to enhance their coffers by showing they are getting hunters to be apathetic, which I know is not your intent but, please be careful about how your words can be misconstrued and used by those who are trying to end hunting.
You are exactly right. It has always irked me how anti hunters , tree huggers , etc. Always scream save the animals . Stop hunting and the like. They spend nothing on wildlife . We the hunters and fisherman foot the bill while they enjoy it.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, I had some tourists from Indiana stop by my place to ask where they could view some wolves. I replied that if we had a few good places like that we might be able to decrease their population by shooting every one we could view. They were aghast at what I said but I was more aghast at their thinking. I asked why they thought they could view wolves from a vantage point. They replied that the organization promoting wolf reintroduction they supported had an article in one of their flyers people could come here to view wolves.
I suggested that they go out and find a big elk herd and view the wolves close by it or tie a rack of beef ribs to the backs of a couple of them and have the rest follow them from a distance.
Never saw them again...
These are the types of people that are causing so much grief with our elk herds. If we could get them to enjoy watching elk instead, well, something to consider..

I would take a page right out of the Bunny Humpers play book and go find a Federal Judge in Colorado that loves hunting and file a lawsuit to stop it right away in that court... Well .....that is if you can find a Federal Judge with a bit of common sense... Judge and Court shopping is #1 advancement for the animal rights people and their cause...Keep this tied up in a kangaroo court till its to late..The lies told to get wolves reintroduced were many... Don't count on your own states Fish and Wildlife to help you.. They will cut your (hunters) throat for a few $ million and 4-5 more employees to study the wolf reintroduction. ..
This is why we were able to get Federal intervention involved to create a law that ended the hundreds of stupid injunctions that the wolf lovers kept bombarding the courts with long after the sustainable numbers of wolves had been met in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. Wyoming held up the change for a couple of years longer than it would have been done due to the stand they were taking on wolf hunting I believe. But, now, as written, they have no where to go here anymore so they will be focusing on other states to increase their coffers. The voting majority in the hunting population of those states will have to follow what we did.

Not sure if this is the best place to post this but, wanted to give CO residents a heads up on one of the initiatives that will be on the 2020 ballot.

"Restoration of Gray Wolves" Initiative Qualifies For 2020 Ballot
The Elections Division at the Colorado Secretary of State's office announced today that Proposed Initiative 107 ("Restoration of Gray Wolves") has qualified for the 2020 General Election ballot.

The "Restoration of Gray Wolves" Initiative is a statewide initiative and therefore requires at least 5% of the total number of votes cast for all candidates for the office of secretary of state at the previous general election, which in this case is 124,632. This requirement is outlined by Article V, Section 1 (3) of the Colorado constitution. After reviewing a 5% sample of the 215,370 submitted signatures, the projected number of valid signatures is greater than 110% of the total number required.

Random Sample Verification Summary:

Total number of qualified signatures submitted - 215,370
5% of qualified signatures submitted (random sample) - 10,769
Total number of entries accepted (valid) from the random sample - 6,967
Total number of the entries rejected (invalid) from the random sample - 3,802
Number of projected valid signatures from the random sample - 139,333
Total number of signatures required for placement on ballot - 124,632
Projected percentage of required valid signatures - 111.80%

The Calculation of Sufficiency is available here. The text of the "Restoration of Gray Wolves" Initiative is available here. A record of all accepted and rejected signatures, including reasons for each rejection is on file with the Secretary of State.
The other initiatives approved for the 2020 ballot at this time are Senate Bill 19-042 National Popular Vote Referendum and Initiative 76 ("Citizen Qualification of Electors").

Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold
1700 Broadway, Suite 200, Denver CO 80290
www.sos.state.co.us | 303-894-2200
Big mistake they decimate every other animal .

Status
Not open for further replies.