Remington 700 trigger

Hello all I'm looking for a trigger for my Remington 700 the factory one is junk and I've never bought a after market trigger before and I'm not sure what to go with this is a hunting rifle that I'm working on for next hunting season and while doing some load work I realize that the trigger has to go.anyways I'm not sure what to go with for brand or anything since I've had rifle that I just simply adjust the trigger best I can and left it bit this rifle I would like to do better with and shoot it best as possible any info would be great.
Trigger tech

If you price sensitive as I was look at Rifle Basix. I put one in my 700 set at 2 1/2 lbs and never looked back!

Hello all I'm looking for a trigger for my Remington 700 the factory one is junk and I've never bought a after market trigger before and I'm not sure what to go with this is a hunting rifle that I'm working on for next hunting season and while doing some load work I realize that the trigger has to go.anyways I'm not sure what to go with for brand or anything since I've had rifle that I just simply adjust the trigger best I can and left it bit this rifle I would like to do better with and shoot it best as possible any info would be great.
I put Timney in all my 700's. They are fabulous and are a breeze to drop in!

I have 2 700's with Timney 510's. I also have a TriggerTech Primary. For a stock 700 hunting rig I think the Timneys are plenty sufficient. I would also suggest a Bell & Carlson stock. Keep an eye on the Classifieds here and elsewhere. You should be able to find one for $200-ish. Those two simple upgrades will add a big degree of satisfaction to your shooting.

Personal opinion from experience:

In order, Jewell, Shilen

I wanted badly to fall in love with the TriggerTech since it's all the rage, but in use, (subjectively) the feel of the break isn't right for me. Ease of adjustment-they've built a better mousetrap, no question.

For a hunting rig, I would use a Timney, they have a clean break & are very dependable. I run Trigger tech in my BR Guns, they make a great trigger as well, but I would prefer Timney for Hunting.

trigger tech

Triggertech no question. I run the two stage diamond flat and really like it. My Kimbers now have them as do the ARs. I prefer them to all the others, Timney, Jewell, Geissele, etc. I went back and forth between the two stage and regular on my chassis and settled on two stage for that application.

Last edited:
FWIW, all the TriggerTech triggers pretty much break the same super crisp way.
Choices include Flat or curved, Single or two stage, pull weight and adjustable or not. Because of the way they work with the roller, they will feel lighter than they measure and are "safer"/more reliable than a comparable heavier trigger.

I usually prefer flat because of feel and function not style/appearance. On a hunting rifle a proper curve might be better. Flat no question for me on the chassis and AR.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.