Rem 700 short action - 7mm-08 build

Have you looked at Stocky's Stocks? They have a few options you may be interested in. Right now they have free shipping this weekend.
I will look. Just have to make sure the footprint works. I think the mac's may be a little different than the standard Rem 700.

Thank you.

I will look. Just have to make sure the footprint works. I think the mac's may be a little different than the standard Rem 700.

Thank you.
My Mack fit right into a 700 inlet with very minor mods. Minor mod was for the Trigger Hanger. Had to dremel off very small area to allow for the trigger hanger which then the action sat right it. Grayboe Trekker

Last edited:
My Mack fit right into a 700 inlet with very minor mods. Minor mod was for the Trigger Hanger. Had to dremel off very small area to allow for the trigger hanger which then the action sat right it. Grayboe Trekker
I ended up going with the KRG Bravo. I called Macks up and got thwir opinion on the stocks I was looking at and they said the KRG footprint was a direct drop in with no mods. It just arrived yesterday.

I ended up going with the KRG Bravo. I called Macks up and got thwir opinion on the stocks I was looking at and they said the KRG footprint was a direct drop in with no mods. It just arrived yesterday.
I've got a Bravo also. They're nice and easy to drop any action right in. Just a little on the heavy side though.

I've got a Bravo also. They're nice and easy to drop any action right in. Just a little on the heavy side though.
They are not as light as a Grayboe, but 3 lbs isn't bad. With the carbon fiber barrel, it will be a decent offset. Plus, I am to old and dsiabled to backpack anymore, so a little heft on a rifle is okay. More than anything, I have a Magpul Hunter that feels like and extension of my body. It is the most comfortable rifle stock I own and this looks like that with upgrades.

I think I ciphered out and I am coming in at 8.5 - 9 lbs with a scope.