Reloader 26

Last edited:
I am in desperate need of some Reloader 26. I had Shawn build me a 7 WSM with a 19" barrel. The load that blew away all others was Reloader 26. I have been looking to buy this for quite some time and have struck out. Does anyone know where I might be able to buy some? Would anyone be willing to sell me 1Ib (Ho, Ho)?

Jeff
I live and hunt
Texas hill country (Boerne) area.
come on down and Ill donate a couple Lbs for your cause. Text/call Wade two one 0 three 6 seven sixteen ten for details.

This just a great group of Members to say the least !
Good for both of you guys !

I have been blessed with some great things from guys on here and have drove 2000 miles accross the Country and helped guys out on the way!
Merry Christmas to All !

Rum Man

I am in desperate need of some Reloader 26. I had Shawn build me a 7 WSM with a 19" barrel. The load that blew away all others was Reloader 26. I have been looking to buy this for quite some time and have struck out. Does anyone know where I might be able to buy some? Would anyone be willing to sell me 1Ib (Ho, Ho)?

Jeff
Jeff,

I know the frustration. Do you mind sharing the actual powders you compared the RL-26 with? Cheers!

Ed

Jeff,

I know the frustration. Do you mind sharing the actual powders you compared the RL-26 with? Cheers!

Ed
Ed,
I haven't done any testing yet. I had Shawn C. Build me a 7WSM and just had it shipped to me a couple of months ago. After talking with Shawn and reading about his load development with this cartridge, using RL 26 Shawn achieved 2900 fps out of a 19" barrel. I could use H4831SC as a secondary choice, but Shawn achieved the same velocity out of a 24" barrel. I have many different kinds of powder on the shelf but don't have any RL 26.

I have 4 pounds that I don't plan on using. I'm in West Virginia, if you make it up this way it's yours. I want to try to make it to Texas this spring to Turkey hunt, so if that happens I can bring it with me
My wife and I are in the process of adopting a young boy who is in MD. We plan on driving through the Falling Waters WV area when we go get home after Christmas. Where are you located?

Ed,
I haven't done any testing yet. I had Shawn C. Build me a 7WSM and just had it shipped to me a couple of months ago. After talking with Shawn and reading about his load development with this cartridge, using RL 26 Shawn achieved 2900 fps out of a 19" barrel. I could use H4831SC as a secondary choice, but Shawn achieved the same velocity out of a 24" barrel. I have many different kinds of powder on the shelf but don't have any RL 26.
Jeff,

As with anything else, YMMV. Do not be afraid to try other powders that you have or can obtain much more accessible than RL26 until they are more readily available; it might surprise you with the results. N170, MAGPRO, and Magnum are very close to the RL26's burn rate and are more readily available.

Ed