Reloader 26

Good Morning and Merry Christmas to All,

According to what I've heard from Alliant, Re-26 might be on the way to the US in the first quarter.

Here's the hangup. They do not ship directly to the merchant, they ship to the distributors and as a result have no idea where the powder is headed after it hits our distribution network.

As a contract requirement, Alliant states that distributors and end sellers must satisfy all backorders first before general sales. So, if you're not on any back order lists, you're SOL. Based on all the ruckus shooters are making on the internet, I'd guess that this run of Re-26 will all be marked 'sold out' immediately without any of it getting into the supply chain for general sales. I'm also sure that the devious and criminal supporters of the 'gray' or 'black' market will achieve some supplies illicitly, of course.

I, like so many other shooters, REALLY like Re-26. However, I have no intention of being held for ransom because the manufacturers have a plan to milk us dry. I have found other powders available occasionally which work quite well as alternatives so I'm not fretting the lack of supply.

Please enjoy your Christmas holiday with your family and friends! Remember the reason for the season!

Stay warm!

:)
Thanks for your post!! I received the same reply from Alliant concerning the distribution of their product. I would in courage all of you who read this to contact Alliant and suggest that they review their distribution process. I would suggest at least directly ship some of their product to places like Sportsman's and Cabela's. The current system in the US is broken.

There is some load data in the 2023 hodgdon manaul for the Win HD powder. Powder charges between ramshot magpro and magnum with similar velocities to those 2. So looks good to me

Lou

did you find any rl26? I have in laws coming to ND. I could ask them to bring some back to Burleson TX not sure he would but I could ask.
That is only an hour away from me. I'll buy as much as you're willing to sell. I'd be happy to drive over to your relative's house and pick it up. I tried to send you a PM but the system wouldn't let me. If you PM me I'll give you my contact info.

Jeff

About an hour and a half North. Medina, Ohio. If you end up in Columbus, let me know…I will give you a pound. Ho Ho Ho 😊
Big Trouble: I too live in Medina Ohio and follow the Long Range Hunting forum. When you posted that you had some RL26 it caught my eye since my newer 300 PRC Savage Precision Elite seem to like this stuff just fine. My hobby is more aligned with target shooting and reloading. I know having a Savage is often looked down upon by the PRS guys but for target shooting its just fine and you can spin on a new barrel with little effort. If you ever need a buddy for go with you to Thunder Valley for some long range stuff, I would love to go along. PS I've never been there I might make the trip in 2023.

Attachments

• 20230112_184238.jpg
    20230112_184238.jpg
    892.1 KB · Views: 50