Reloader 16

Diver40

I had a shooting buddy turn me on to a load for my 6.5 creedmore using 42gr of RL16 and it was a great load with a 5 shot group of .311at 100 yards and 200 fps more than my load with RL17. My problem is I had not been able to find any until today. My hometown ACE had it but they wanted 579.00 for an 8LB keg. I couldn't pull the trigger, pardon my pun.

I had a shooting buddy turn me on to a load for my 6.5 creedmore using 42gr of RL16 and it was a great load with a 5 shot group of .311at 100 yards and 200 fps more than my load with RL17. My problem is I had not been able to find any until today. My hometown ACE had it but they wanted 579.00 for an 8LB keg. I couldn't pull the trigger, pardon my pun.
8lbs at 42gr per case will net you 1333 cases to shoot. If you break that down it runs at .43 per case.

8lbs at 42gr per case will net you 1333 cases to shoot. If you break that down it runs at .43 per case.
Plus the brass , plus the primers , plus the bullet. So…. I can remember when the whole cartridge was under a dollar …. Dang these times are not fun …

I have an 8lb keg that has the price tag on it that said 120.00 .

Now they want almost 600. …
Man !!!!

Powder Valley lists Reloader 16 at $324.00 for 8 pounds but it's out of stock. You can set an alert for when it comes back in stock but for a powder that appears to be popular you have to jump on it quickly. You could you use something that's is near the burn rate as Reloader 16 and work up a load from that. Test with 1# of course.

Hodgdon BLC(2) is available at $269.00 for 8# (plus hazmat of course)
Hodgdon CFE223 is available at $264.99 for 8# (plus hazmat of course)

Attachments

• Burn Rate Chart.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 84
Plus the brass , plus the primers , plus the bullet. So…. I can remember when the whole cartridge was under a dollar …. Dang these times are not fun …

I have an 8lb keg that has the price tag on it that said 120.00 .

Now they want almost 600. …
Man !!!!
Yes, I feel your pain. They have it setup at over 72.00 per pound, crazy.. I have some powder that is old enough that has an 11.00 per pound price on it...

Maybe try Staball 6.5. Same burn rate range as RL16. Seems to be readily available.

140 Berger at 42.6gr, I'm getting 2734 FPS. Not screaming, but still good. I do use my limited supply of RL16 with the 124gr Hammers though.
FWIW, I just spent $430 on 8 lbs of Varget

Wow! It wasn't that long ago that I would pass on buying an 8 pound keg (not RL 16) for $150 plus shipping and hazmat! Oh, for a return to the "good ole days"! memtb

Sadly I believe those are long gone. Now are the days we get what we can, when we can.

On another note, rumors about UPS going on a major strike. This will affect all shipping. May jsut want to bite the "bullet" and get what you can, while you can...hence my recent purchase of Varget...

Sadly I believe those are long gone. Now are the days we get what we can, when we can.

On another note, rumors about UPS going on a major strike. This will affect all shipping. May jsut want to bite the "bullet" and get what you can, while you can...hence my recent purchase of Varget...

I'm afraid that you're correct! Things have gone from bad to worse at a pace that I've never seen before. This is even worse that the Jimmy Carter administration's destruction of America!

And on UPS - I, almost daily, talk to one of our truck drivers…..they are not happy about the strike talk! memtb

Maybe try Staball 6.5. Same burn rate range as RL16. Seems to be readily available.

140 Berger at 42.6gr, I'm getting 2734 FPS. Not screaming, but still good. I do use my limited supply of RL16 with the 124gr Hammers though.
FWIW, I just spent $430 on 8 lbs of Varget
Thanks Shane, I have noted this load data and will load some and check them out. I still have a lot of RL17 as this was my go to before my buddy told me what he was getting with RL16. I should've bought more than 1lb to try.

In stock