.260 rem and reloader 26, need expert advice please

I shoot the 147s at 2840 from a 26" barrel. Using h4831sc. I could push it more. But great results at that speed

I'm finding some happiness with RL19 and 17. I'm going to work with them all summer and see what I can get the best results with.

What's strange to me is they are also giving me some very acceptable results int he .375 Ruger but it looks like RL33 or H1000 are going to work best with the 6.5LRM.

With Data now available for the RL 16, it looks good and is supposed to be temp stable, and is reported as having the same burn rate as the RL 17.

Worth a try.

J E CUSTOM

With Data now available for the RL 16, it looks good and is supposed to be temp stable, and is reported as having the same burn rate as the RL 17.

Worth a try.

J E CUSTOM
Thanks. I've already got about 50lbs of powder laying around even after I cleaned house a few months back so I may just have to "make due" for a while. I picked up 3lbs of the RL17 and if it works well then I'll know that maybe the RL16 is worth a try come fall.

I almost hate the fact I've grown to enjoy shooting it so much but it's one of those that just calls out "take me" when I'm headed out to shoot something.

That is excellent, I have used in 4-5 lbs as well, mostly in my .260 AI, and a little bit in a 7mm rem mag.
My only complaint is that with the case capacity of the .260Rem I didn't feel like I was really getting the velocity I was hoping for.

As a result I'm going to try some RL 15 and 15 that I've got laying around.

In the larger cases RL23 and RL26 are impressing me.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.