Red Rock Precision or Gunwerks

I think I'd be contacting Pierce Precision in Lansing, Michigan. You might find the component similarities between the Pierce rifles and the Red Rock and Gunwerks rifles to be more than coincidental.

Pierce however, won't build you a load, that you need to do for yourself.

IOW, why pay 7 grand for a piece when you can get the same thing for half that. 3 grand plus builds a lot of rounds.

I was thinking the same thing when I read the initial post. Buy a nice action, Stiller, Pierce Titanium, Defiance... etc buy a cut rifled barrel and a good Hs precision, Bell and Carlson, or Manners, Mcmillan and send the components to a reputable gun smith and you will have your gun back in less than a month. It will be every bit as good as a Gunwerks ( they are a scam for folks with more money than sense).

Barrel 350
Stock 600
Action 1350
Chamber 300
Bed 250
Brake 200
Trigger 250

That's 3300 using the best stuff you can get. If you look around, you'll find everything you want is in stock somewhere.

I don't want to call any gun maker (retail seller) a scam but I do kow where the parts are coming from for both. What you are really paying for is load development, something you can do yourself with a little patience and some common sense.

Myself, I'd never pay 7 grand for any piece when with a little legwork and some knowledge you can have the same thing for about half.

Whatever you shoot, for long range accuracy you need to start right out with the dies, brass pills and powder. I always get dies custom machined to my fireformed brass for any long range piece and use the bset components available, but thats just me.

Most of my hunting is under 250 yards but I still want that shot to be spot on, time after time.

So am i understanding correctly HS precision builds all of their guns in house? barrels, actions, stocks etc? they also offer a 1/2" MOA guarantee. And they are under $4000

Yes, that is correct about HS. They build a nice accurate rifle. There is a dealer in SD, I believe Komes Korner or something like that who has a bunch of them in stock. Their twist rates can be a little slow but they shoot great regardless.

I believe RBros Rifles had a few new builds for sale in the classified section so you may want to see if he has any builds available or how long it would take to put something together for you. I have heard nothing but good things about RBros rifles.

Good Luck, just remember money won't buy accuracy just an accurate rifle the rest is up to you.

I don't want to call any gun maker (retail seller) a scam but I do kow where the parts are coming from for both. What you are really paying for is load development, something you can do yourself with a little patience and some common sense.

Myself, I'd never pay 7 grand for any piece when with a little legwork and some knowledge you can have the same thing for about half.

Whatever you shoot, for long range accuracy you need to start right out with the dies, brass pills and powder. I always get dies custom machined to my fireformed brass for any long range piece and use the bset components available, but thats just me.

Most of my hunting is under 250 yards but I still want that shot to be spot on, time after time.
Gunwerks Machines its own action, bolt Trigger guards, they have their own stock and aluminium chassis, they burn their own turrets, they have their own rangefinder, ballistic program, reticle for the night-force scope and so on....

Quality is second to none

Gunwerks Machines its own action, bolt Trigger guards, they have their own stock and aluminium chassis, they burn their own turrets, they have their own rangefinder, ballistic program, reticle for the night-force scope and so on....

Quality is second to none

I'm patently curious so would you care to document that with hard facts, not heresay...

I'm patently curious so would you care to document that with hard facts, not heresay...

Been to the production building in Burlington on a daily basis
I just retired from the Army and now work there, so yes sir it is a fact. New action has integral recoil lug and bolt has dual ejectors and new style extractor all made in house.

I was offered Jobs by other companies but chose Gunwerks Do to the product Quality and the people who work there..

So am i understanding correctly HS precision builds all of their guns in house? barrels, actions, stocks etc? they also offer a 1/2" MOA guarantee. And they are under $4000

There's a thread on here where a fella had a 3500 hs precision gun that was copper fouling. He called hs and they told him they don't lap barrels, just knock the burs off. No thanks.

3 words. Lane precision rifles. Best I've seen at the best price with the best components. Do yourself a huge favor and check him out. Laneprecisionrifles.com

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.