gunwerks hunting

I have a7mm LRM I love it, but the brass sucks. The word from them is new brass is coming from a different manufacturer but it won't be available until they use up the brass they have....about a year they think
They told me this same thing at shot show 2 years ago! Lol I doubt it'll ever come.

They've always had an affinity for the 7mm's, but I spoke with them about a month ago and the guy I talked to made it sound like a lot of the staff have switched over to the 6.5 PRC and after that the 7SAUM was popular.

Short answer...no.
Agreed. I was looking at their GRB action for a custom build but ultimately went with the Terminus Zeus. I do think the GRB is a nice looking action for the price but really don't like the proprietary thread pattern and I think offering bolt fluting and some kind of finish coating would be nice, even if it kicked the price up around $1k.

Agreed. I was looking at their GRB action for a custom build but ultimately went with the Terminus Zeus. I do think the GRB is a nice looking action for the price but really don't like the proprietary thread pattern and I think offering bolt fluting and some kind of finish coating would be nice, even if it kicked the price up around $1k.

What does the proprietary thread pattern have to do with anything? a lot of custom actions have 18tpi threads..... just cuz you cant screw a remage barrel into it does mean much to a gunsmith. The tenon being a coned bolt face feeds better from the mag box. Just like the Terminus Zeus its a proprietary thread tenon because of the coned bolt face.

The GRB action is a great action to build off for the price, you wont come close to a Remington trued up with all the extras stuff that comes on a GRB, their whole rifles are another story, I wont go there. But look how many they sell a year, people are still buying them.

Last edited:
What does the proprietary thread pattern have to do with anything? a lot of custom actions have 18tpi threads..... just cuz you cant screw a remage barrel into it does mean much to a gunsmith. The tenon being a coned bolt face feeds better from the mag box. Just like the Terminus Zeus its a proprietary thread tenon because of the coned bolt face.

The GRB action is a great action to build off for the price, you wont come close to a Remington trued up with all the extras stuff that comes on a GRB, their whole rifles are another story, I wont go there. But look how many they sell a year, people are still buying them.
I'd just go kelbly atlas(950$), you get a full nitride action, 20 moa pinned rail, mechanic ejector, trigger hanger, and guarantee headspace within +-0.001. I have 2 and love em, recommend them to anyone for budget or non budget build.

Yeah but if you DO want to spin on a remage barrel your options are a fraction of what you can get with savage or Remington threads. Perhaps "proprietary" was the wrong word, but certainly uncommon considering most custom actions have the savage or Rem threads ... the Zeus has rem threads also if I remember right plus there are plenty of prefit options already available for it, plus the option to use the set screws for barrel retention rather than torque and of course a nicely fluted bolt and everything is DLC coated. The GRB is certainly a great action for the price, just ultimately not what I was looking for.

Yeah but if you DO want to spin on a remage barrel your options are a fraction of what you can get with savage or Remington threads. Perhaps "proprietary" was the wrong word, but certainly uncommon considering most custom actions have the savage or Rem threads ... the Zeus has rem threads also if I remember right plus there are plenty of prefit options already available for it, plus the option to use the set screws for barrel retention rather than torque and of course a nicely fluted bolt and everything is DLC coated. The GRB is certainly a great action for the price, just ultimately not what I was looking for.

Yes they are 1-1/16 x 16tpi but not the same as a Remington, Terminus does not have a counter bore. Don't get me wrong they are sweet actions, I haven't barreled one yet but I would really like to try one out, especially the Ti SA version. I really like that the trigger pins screw in that's pretty TRICK!

Last edited:
Yes they are 1-1/16 x 16tpi but not the same as a Remington, Terminus does not have a counter bore. Don't get me wrong they are sweet actions, I haven't barreled one yet but I would really like to try one out, especially the Ti SA version. I really like that the trigger pins screw in that's pretty TRICK!
Ah gotcha, I didn't realize the difference with the counter bore. I only plan on using prefits on the Zeus so should be good to go there. Agreed on the threaded trigger pins, that's a pretty cool feature!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.