Red Rock Precision or Gunwerks

257scramjet

Hi,
I am new but have been lurking for awhile here but i am bout to pull the trigger on either the Left hand Red rock Precision PSPX or the left hand Gunwerks LR1000 in either a 6.5-284 or 7mm rem mag. Gunwerks is about alot more expensive and am just looking for opinions on either rifles good or bad. I wish i could find something used but no luck. My application is mainly hunting with some fun at the range as well year around.

Both companies build a dang good rifle. My advice is to go with the 7mm mag. I have 2 friends who are govt. hunters who have tried the 6.5/284 and have had terrible luck. The 7 will have a bit more recoil but it is not bad. I can shoot mine all day with no brake & shoot it very well.
Just my opinion, Kirk

One of my shooting partners has a Red Rock in 7 mm and my hunting friend has a Gunwerks 7 mm and a 6 XC. I've shot both and they are nice rifles.

I dealt with both this fall getting ready for my sheep hunt in Wyoming. Gunwerks took great care of me and totally understood my situation and when I desperately needed it they moved me up in their schedule and worked me in when I was passing thru so I didn't need to make a special trip. They are and will be my goto long range guys from now on. That being said they were helping my with my red rock precision rifle as I wanted a g7 nightforce scope with their turret and they took great care of me.

Delivery time is 6 monthson gunwerks and 2-3 months on the red rock rifle...

Really? That's Fast!!! I've been waiting JUST on my ammo for my Red Rock 6.5 x 284 since end of February ... What good is a 7k rifle if you can't get any ammo or even the load Data to reload myself :( that's been my experience with RRP... I also have the Gunwerks 7mm and you can't go wrong with their gun or service... I will say the Gunwerks is a lot heavier and that why I went with the RRP 6.5x284 for my up and coming sheep hunts. Let's hope I get some RRP ammo for it before I leave in 7 weeks.. 1manshow

Really? That's Fast!!! I've been waiting JUST on my ammo for my Red Rock 6.5 x 284 since end of February ... What good is a 7k rifle if you can't get any ammo or even the load Data to reload myself :( that's been my experience with RRP... I also have the Gunwerks 7mm and you can't go wrong with their gun or service... I will say the Gunwerks is a lot heavier and that why I went with the RRP 6.5x284 for my up and coming sheep hunts. Let's hope I get some RRP ammo for it before I leave in 7 weeks.. 1manshow

Just a couple questions....

How is RRP working up a load without your rifle?
Why do you not work up a load for your rifle yourself?

If RRP has your rifle, disregard question #1.
If you don't reload, disregard question #2.

Just a couple questions....

How is RRP working up a load without your rifle?
Why do you not work up a load for your rifle yourself?

If RRP has your rifle, disregard question #1.
If you don't reload, disregard question #2.

RRP built customs 6.5x284 rifle and also built custom turret for scope and sent me 40 rounds.. RRP at this point has not provided me with load data or the 150 rounds I ordered as promised yet... Make Sense? After spending this kind of money at least send me one or the other so I can go on my way.... How long could it take to send me the load data info? Last excuse I got was he was busy building rifles from the recent shows... Iam fine with that... Send me info and I will reload my own... Simple as that...

What you responded clears up my questions, yhanks.

What RRP has not supplied is totally unacceptable! You are far more patient than I would be. I would be calling every day for both my loaded rounds and the recipe.

I am looking at currently H-S Precision Pro-Series 2000 SPL Left hand in 300 wm. 26" barrel w/ removable muzzel brake and detachable box magazine. It is in stock and i might go that route.

I think I'd be contacting Pierce Precision in Lansing, Michigan. You might find the component similarities between the Pierce rifles and the Red Rock and Gunwerks rifles to be more than coincidental.

Pierce however, won't build you a load, that you need to do for yourself.

IOW, why pay 7 grand for a piece when you can get the same thing for half that. 3 grand plus builds a lot of rounds.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.