Rechamber Dilema Which Caliber??

if your leaning towards the 7s either 28nosler or 7wsm. if 30cal then 30nosler would be a good option. if your looking for something a bit different a 270wsm or 27nosler with a 1in8" twist to shoot the 170gr bergers would be interesting.

The 7SS is working out really nice! You can get nearly 3100' with a max load 180 and I have reached 3000 with 195's. You can tone it down to 140's or less if you want. The case life at a couple grains below max is phenomenal. They are super accurate and not finicky to load. Brass is available or you can make your own with a little guidance, which I give freely. Reamers and dies are ready to ship........Rich

elkaholic what is the case capacity of the 7SS? how does it compare to the wsm and nosler cases?

71 grains. Far more efficient than either of the 2 you mentioned and cycles the long bullets thru a short action without taking up your case capacity. It is like a 6br on steroids........Rich

71 grains. Far more efficient than either of the 2 you mentioned and cycles the long bullets thru a short action without taking up your case capacity. It is like a 6br on steroids........Rich

Actually, the 6.5 is 71 grs. so the 7 would be about 72 with the larger neck.....Rich

The 7SS is working out really nice! You can get nearly 3100' with a max load 180 and I have reached 3000 with 195's. You can tone it down to 140's or less if you want. The case life at a couple grains below max is phenomenal. They are super accurate and not finicky to load. Brass is available or you can make your own with a little guidance, which I give freely. Reamers and dies are ready to ship........Rich

Thanks!! Looking through your old threads on this.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.