Which caliber?

If your main priority is long range capability, the choice is easy. The 28 Nosler will be the winner.

Just wondering if the Nosler cartridges will go by the way side down the road like the Ultra Mags?

I don't have any insight about that but I don't know why it would matter. If you are smart enough to wonder about it, you are smart enough to have a strategy so it won't matter if they do.

I don't have any insight about that but I don't know why it would matter. If you are smart enough to wonder about it, you are smart enough to have a strategy so it won't matter if they do.
100% agree. I'm in the process of building a 28 Nosler as well. The first thing I bought was enough brass to last the life of the barrel plus some. Just waiting for the stock now.

So out of the three calibers you feel the 28 Nosler would be the best choice?

Need more information. What are you hunting at what distance? How much are you planning on shooting a year? I see you are from N.D. I work in Williston and know what the winds are like here so a high bc bullet at a reasonable velocity would help.

Just wondering if the Nosler cartridges will go by the way side down the road like the Ultra Mags?
Exactly what I was thinking , when you have a cartridge that is basically owned by the one company it is always possible that if sales slip enough it suddenly disappears . Leaving no other company making the brass or ammo .
The 270 is lacking in bullet choice so the best choice in my view is the 7mm Magnum been around for yonks and many companies make the brass and ammo .

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.