RCBS: annoyed with dies, happy with CS

emn83

So, after making my first batch of handloads, I discovered that the set screws on my lock nuts for my dies were shaving off brass, in fact, one ofthe allen heads on them sripped out, with almost no pressure, and both were shaving off brass on the inside of the ring. I was pretty annoyed at this. Since I don't have time to call them during their business hours, I shot them an Email yesterday morning being very reasonable:

I recently bought my first reloading setup, a Rockchucker Supreme reloading kit, RCBS dies and shell holder. I have had an issue with the sizing die I purchased. When I turn the screw to secure the locking nut, I was getting brass fragments coming out on the allen wrench, and the screw is stripping. This was was when I Is there a way I can get another screw, or do I need to replace the entire lock nut?

This morning when I got to work, I had this reply:

Hi just ordered you setscrews and some brass buffers to place between the die body and the set screw

Thank you,

Technical Services/cm
ATK/RCBS Operation
(800) 533-5000
Customer Service Hours:
Monday-Thursday 6:30am to 3:30pm

I was very pleased at the quick response, and that they simply addressed the problem without giving me the run around. Looks like they were actually interested in getting this solved

So, after making my first batch of handloads, I discovered that the set screws on my lock nuts for my dies were shaving off brass, in fact, one ofthe allen heads on them sripped out, with almost no pressure, and both were shaving off brass on the inside of the ring. I was pretty annoyed at this. Since I don't have time to call them during their business hours, I shot them an Email yesterday morning being very reasonable:

This morning when I got to work, I had this reply:

I was very pleased at the quick response, and that they simply addressed the problem without giving me the run around. Looks like they were actually interested in getting this solved

Exactly what they do every time someone has a issue with their products!

I have never had an issue with any reloading product that I have owned. Maybe I am lucky:)
But, it sure is great to find out that when someone does have a problem the manufacturer gets right on it

I have never had an issue with any reloading product that I have owned. Maybe I am lucky:)
But, it sure is great to find out that when someone does have a problem the manufacturer gets right on it

yeah, that made me pretty happy to see how quickly they got on it, now to see how quickly they get the parts to me, it's not fun switching locking rings between dies so I can load, makes things very tedious.

That is good to know! Not that I want to have anymore issues, but it is nice to know that they handle things quickly and courteously.

I have only been reloading for 30+ years and over 25 diff. calibers. I use mostly RCBS but also MEC, Lee, Dillon, Redding, and Hornady. All have been excellent to deal with.

If you load a lot you will have issues that come up. Some will be caused by you and others by the equipment. Good companies stand behind their product as they should.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts