Not happy with 156 EOL

Dmagna

Not very happy with the performance, had a good hit in a whitetail. Didn't seem to be a ton of internal damage. Took out one lung , good shot placement. Ran 200 yards, then piled up. Didn't seem to perform like I wanted it to, will try it again on a doe to hopefully change my opinion.

More details might help,,, what kind of mess did it do to the in-side,,,

Was a shoulder bone involve in the hit,,, did the bullet clip a rib bone...

200 yards as it dropped is pretty good,,, that a lot less distance then a 1/2 to 2 mile chase...

Sometimes critters drop on the spot,,, sometimes they suck it up a bolt...

Cheers from the North

More details might help,,, what kind of mess did it do to the in-side,,,

Was a shoulder bone involve in the hit,,, did the bullet clip a rib bone...

200 yards as it dropped is pretty good,,, that a lot less distance then a 1/2 to 2 mile chase...

Sometimes critters drop on the spot,,, sometimes they suck it up a bolt...

Cheers from the North
The bullet didn't hit a bone on the way in. I don't think a whitetail should have ran 200 yards with a hit like that. There was no exit and I haven't found the bullet yet, I have shot deer with the 140 and had better results. I hope to have a better result in the next deer.

After an antelope, an elk, a few coyotes and a couple deer I'm going back to the 140s. The 156 did good damage on the elk I shot at 52 yards. The other animals haven't had the normal berger expansion in used to seeing. They all died but I like the performance of the 140 better I guess.

After an antelope, an elk, a few coyotes and a couple deer I'm going back to the 140s. The 156 did good damage on the elk I shot at 52 yards. The other animals haven't had the normal berger expansion in used to seeing. They all died but I like the performance of the 140 better I guess.
I feel the same way

now is that the 140 hvld's or hybrids?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.