156 EOL Load Question

Wish I had me some RL 26. Fairy dust says I !!! I have tons of Retumbo. I shot the other two seating depths. Both .6 range just like yesterday. Then shot my 140s to make sure it wasnt me. .26 :rolleyes:. I have a nice flat velocity curve from 55.5 to 56. es is almost nothing every .2. Best is 55.8. Ive shot from touching the lands back to .050 in 10 thousandths increments. Best i get is .6s. I wonder if I should test all the way back to .150? Took my Creed with me also just to play, shot bug holes, so im shooting good.
The deeper seeting may be just what the Dr. Ordered.

Wish I had me some RL 26. Fairy dust says I !!! I have tons of Retumbo. I shot the other two seating depths. Both .6 range just like yesterday. Then shot my 140s to make sure it wasnt me. .26 :rolleyes:. I have a nice flat velocity curve from 55.5 to 56. es is almost nothing every .2. Best is 55.8. Ive shot from touching the lands back to .050 in 10 thousandths increments. Best i get is .6s. I wonder if I should test all the way back to .150? Took my Creed with me also just to play, shot bug holes, so im shooting good.
Shooting .26 with 140s is tough to beat. My 6.5x284 loved the 140s above everything else. First time I hit at a mile was that rifle with 140s. Daughter killed her moose with that rifle/load. Have a 6.5 PrC that loves the 156 that my son shot his moose with. Just as dead. In fact daughters dropped where he stood. Sons got up from bed and then took a few steps before he collapsed. Both rounds were right at 3000 fps. At reasonable hunting ranges 800 and in, probably not a ton of difference. Shoot what you're most confident with.

She loves the 140 Hybrids. Especially with H4350. It almost makes shooting at distance to easy, if it werent for the wind. Perishable skill if not practiced all the time, and my nemesis.

The ogive on the EOLs is more like the Hybrids if I'm not mistaken. I run the 144's in my PRC with excellent results on game and targets, but I jump them pretty far off the lands. They seem to be more forgiving to seating depth. I'm building a 6.5-284 now and the 156 is in the radar. I have a left handed also Savage 6.5-284 I'll be posting in classifieds in about week. Shoots the 140's just over 3k.