Ramshot Big Game - Magnum or Standard Primer

Due to case capacity there's no need for a magnum primer. Some here only use magnums when at certain temp are below "x" and when charge weight is above 60grs.
I don't use mag primders. I don't see the use in them until 80grs or so. I know a lot use them. I have several rifles that use 75grs+ and on Fed 210 primers.
You can try them and see how they work. You'll have to reduces your powder load by 5% and start up again.

Thank you all for the tips, experienced info and ideas!
Tomorrow, I'll be loading up some Big Game and 140 NBT with Fed 210 and CCI 200 for ignition!
Hoping it'll get close to reported velocity and accuracy! I'll be trying it in a 20" chopped factory varmint suppressed rifle.

Thank you all for the tips, experienced info and ideas!
Tomorrow, I'll be loading up some Big Game and 140 NBT with Fed 210 and CCI 200 for ignition!
Hoping it'll get close to reported velocity and accuracy! I'll be trying it in a 20" chopped factory varmint suppressed rifle.
Let us know how it goes

I used Fed 210M with my Big Game loads in a 7mm08 when I had one.
Also tried Tula LRM primers but got better groups with the 210M.
I would like to thank you @Kimber7man for your personal assistance when I was working up my load with big game.
I'm slightly over 2800 fps with a 22" barrel with the 140 BT and 46.5 grains of big game. Not close to max but it's accurate!

Ok... Just got back from shooting Big Game and Fed 210 in 7mm-08 with 140NBT.
Shot 3 of 46.0 to 47.5 grains. Cooling in truck cab w/ac on between 3 shot groups because it's 102 degrees +8 or 10 heat index.
All shot unacceptable groups with 46 being best ( 1.5+" ) but just at or under 2700 fps.
47.5 was max @ 2818 fps and on the edge of pressure and close to a 2.5" group.
All groups had high ES.
Charge weights were double checked as always for load accurate development.

This is the worst this rifle has shot.
Maybe the heat with ball powder?
Maybe another primer...but IME, I've neve recovered 1-2 MOA by only switching primers.

Same here. I have had luck changing bullet weight with a certain powder and it came around but I have quite a few powder's sitting on the shelf that just didn't cooperate no matter what I tried.
I was hoping to see velocity increases with BG but it took max load at pressure to get 2818 which is barely more than my top end load of IMR 4064 with same bullet and primer with superb accuracy.
The same rifle also shoots Hornady 139's with the same accuracy.
Those loads also shoot great in my Tikka 19" Lilja and factory Rem 700 24" sporter.
Of course I only tried the BG in one rifle today

Sometimes a certain powder just won't work out in some rifles and be wonderful in others.
I will load another batch with CCI 200's but usually only see minor improvements from Fed 210 to CCI 200 or vice versa.

Thanks for the interest and suggestions!

I was hoping to see velocity increases with BG but it took max load at pressure to get 2818 which is barely more than my top end load of IMR 4064 with same bullet and primer with superb accuracy.
The same rifle also shoots Hornady 139's with the same accuracy.
Those loads also shoot great in my Tikka 19" Lilja and factory Rem 700 24" sporter.
Of course I only tried the BG in one rifle today

Sometimes a certain powder just won't work out in some rifles and be wonderful in others.
I will load another batch with CCI 200's but usually only see minor improvements from Fed 210 to CCI 200 or vice versa.

Thanks for the interest and suggestions!
Well there you go on the primers. If you don't have many Fed 210 then use the others. It's an imporvement and that what your working for. A couple of hundred yds on big deal, but extend ranges it where it come in. It also sound like you have a happy rifle that likes anything. The a good thing.

Well. Here is the best with CCI 200.
Had 5 but fired a foul shot at a steel plate after a barrel swab to clean so there are 4 on paper.
Better… but still high sd/es numbers.
I know that's not super important but my 1st shot went in red circle and next 3 dropped a tad… maybe needed two foulers to settle.

It may be wanting a magnum primer but likely will not get it unless one of my buddies gives me a few to try.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 36