Progression of ELR Community

Only time will tell, 2018 should be interesting - Warner 375. We are looking foward to seeing the benefits over the excellent preforming 375 Snipe tac.

Osoh

That JGS print calls for a standard 50 BMG gauge. Using 50 BMG shoulder angle and body taper makes it easy to form cases. I know of two folks with reamers for improved versions of that JGS print. One of them is on this thread.

I'm hoping Thesis or Warner finds a way to make tailored powder for these monsters available to the community. Good stuff!

Cheers,

Last edited:
Hello,
Can you please have the personnel with improved version of 375/50BMG reamer contact me? I will purchase from them and not have to deal with the wait time from JGS :)
I spent fair amount of time last week with ATK in regards to ammunition and ammunition components specifically for the 375/50BMG. All that is worked out. I just have to finish our test gun out so I can take it out to Big Sandy with ATK for ammunition T&E.

Thanks,
THEIS

Guys, anyone had a chance to play test the RIANOV? Seems to be a simple and cheap solution for ballistics. Curious about any feedback.

Hello,
The Rianov Eagle is actually pretty good considering cost :)
It is essentially a ruggedized weather station running JBM solver.
For ME the screen is too small and "busy". Lots of data being displayed in little screen size.
They have a fantastic user manual that showcases and highlights the system perfectly

THEIS

Thanks for the feedback. So, you are still after the Vampire as a better option for your projects?

Thanks for the feedback. So, you are still after the Vampire as a better option for your projects?

Hello,
YES I am. I have invite to visit IR&D CEO at Milipol next week but I am tired of International travelling for at least a couple weeks lolol.

I really need to get focused and busy on finishing our test rifle so that I can have it for "Bushmaster" week (They bring out all the 20,25,30,35 and 40mm chainguns) in April with ATK. They have demo planned for 70 International Military Units.
I have to get reamer and barrel completed. Reamer is 8 weeks lead time and barrel lead time is TBD....

THEIS

Hello,
Here is the "improved" version from JGS :)

upload_2017-11-16_16-23-2.png

THEIS - the body taper on the last (improved) print is fine for smaller cartridges, you may want to consider something less severe, assuming your application has mil in its future. Actually, I'm confused that you have not sent your own spec, tailored to your specific application. JGS will normally turn around customer-provided designs in 1-2 weeks. Please advise.

THEIS - the body taper on the last (improved) print is fine for smaller cartridges, you may want to consider something less severe, assuming your application has mil in its future. Actually, I'm confused that you have not sent your own spec, tailored to your specific application. JGS will normally turn around customer-provided designs in 1-2 weeks. Please advise.

as far as prints go? Or one to two weeks on making the reamer?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.