elr-resources.com – a resource for the ELR shooting community

ELR Researcher

elr-resources.com – a resource for the ELR shooting community

I just finished doing a link check on my website, www.elr-resources.com, and decided to pitch it as a resources to the ELR shooting community, one more time.

Background: I started the site in May 2011 when I became seriously interested in ELR shooting. The site includes (very low) thousands of links – and links only, save for minor commentary regarding what I found interesting at the annual SHOT Shows, which having and maintaining the site allows be to go to as "media". It is maintained daily and updated formally every week. Before support the hit counter I was using went away, along with the hit counter, it had recorded 41,000+ hits to the home page – and it is not my internet home page (i.e., not where my internet browsers startup). While the site is primarily composed of US company links, more and more international companies have been added over the years. Please note that it is an entirely non-commercial site, no registration, no fuss, no muss – and no forum, and no interest in having one. I make no compensation from it – zero, zip, none.

Site content:

Rifles – 176 companies producing branded and custom-build ELR rifles (min .338 LM chambering); 272 named rifle models

Rifle Components:

Actions – 33 companies, 29 with models chambering .338 LM bolt face cartridges, 8 chambering CT-bolt face cartridges, and 8 chambering .50 BMG-bolt face cartridges; includes a comparative matrix of offerings based on published specs.

Barrels – 32 companies offering at least .338 caliber

Bipods – 24 companies

DBMs and Mags – 7 and 9 companies, respectively

Muzzle Brakes – 39 companies

Scope Bases and Rings – 31 companies

Scopes – 31 companies

Stocks and Chassis – 58 companies

Suppressors – 34 with at least .338 LM capability, 10 rated for .50 BMG

Triggers – 17 companies

Ammo & Ammo Components:

Ammo (loaded) – 41 companies with 75+ .338 LM offerings and 37 .50 BMG offerings; includes an ammo matrix by chambering

Brass – 25 companies, 14 with .338 LM offerings

Bullets – 39 companies, 31 with .338 caliber offerings and 25 with .50 caliber offerings; includes a bullets matrix by major ELR caliber

Powder – 12 companies

Primers – 12 companies

Reloading Equipment:

Aids – 16 companies

Bullet Coating & Prep – 6 companies

Case Prep – 26 companies

Dies – 16 companies

Load Data – 9 companies (powder companies)

Misc – 3 companies

Presses – 18 companies, 14 with .50 BMG capability

Priming Tools – 9 companies

Scales/Balances/Powder Measures – 10 companies

Misc (Products):

Chamber Reamers – 4 companies

Fasteners & Material Suppliers – 13 companies

Other Misc – 22 companies

Ranging & Target Solutions Aids – 55 companies

Rifle Cases (Hard) and Associated – 16 companies

Shooting Rests (excluding bipods and benches) – 11 companies

Spotting Scopes – 23 companies

Target Impact Viewing Systems – 9 companies

Targets – 16 companies

Services:

Gunsmiths – 76 companies from 31 states (separate listings by company-name and state)

Ranges (min 1000 yards) – 80 ranges from 33 states, plus Australia (separate listings by range-name and state)

Retailer/E-Tailers – 63 companies

Training (with courses out to at least 1000 yards) – 39 companies

Info:

Cartridges – 53 cartridges and a comparative matrix

"Associations" – 8 groups

Info Sites – 26 and Forums – 11 with ELR-specific content and 5 with associated content

Legal – mostly BTAFE and California (I live in California)

Pubs, Articles, and Photos – 23 with several cartridge side-by-side, visual comparisons

News – a recap of what has been added or changed during the week just passed; plus SHOR Show recaps (which are also posted to forum sites with major ELR content)

End notes – I'm always looking for more content in the above groupings (companies that have a web presence reflecting ELR shooting "involvement") and additional content groups (in case I have managed to miss an entire group). Please communicate, including providing constructive criticism, via e-mail, to webmaster at elr-resources.com. Thanks for reading through this post. If you have yet to stop by my site, please do.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts