Progression of ELR Community

Actually, I'm confused that you have not sent your own spec, tailored to your specific application. JGS will normally turn around customer-provided designs in 1-2 weeks. Please advise.

Hi Oscar,

It really boils down for me that I do not feel the need to reinvent the wheel "completely" :)

I believe history lays out more advancement in ELR than is fully understood and realized.

Guys like Klaus, Gale, Horst, MEN, etc were ahead of their time in regards to their designs but propellants and projectiles held them back. We have upgraded the propellants and the projectiles so now its time to use what has already been proven functional.

Hi NEMT,
Sarah at JGS quoted 8 week deliver time for reamer and gauges.

Thanks,
THEIS

Hello,

Interesting...yes, tried it...nope. I don't do moa and mil version release TBD.

THEIS

As far as I can tell, it's some sort of joint venture between Gunwerks and Premier (ex employees). Time well tell about its overall quality.

Hello,

Yea, Chris from Premier is all up in that.
Hopefully they don't use same Orings Premier did on the first release 5-25s....

THEIS

Hello,
Ahhhh, 375/50BMG IMP reamer and gauge order confirmed :)....now I just hope that JGS delivers early haha.
I have spent some time researching the 375 Mach V that Klaus designed and tested. It appears he got fantastic results with his projectiles and 20N29 (as long as ammo was kept at preheated temp) but barrel life was short. Luckily for us today....there has been significant advancement in both projectiles and barrel treatments. Also I have no misconceptions that the barrels will last for thousands of rounds so I am not really concerned about barrel wear, as the barrel is the consumable part of the weapon system :). Sorta like tires on a dragster or axles on rock crawlers...you pay to play.

I have also progressed on acquisition of Vampire SOLO and setting up the USA distribution...should have more information after IR&D returns to Belgium since Milipol expo ended yesterday.

Archer from Ukraine wants to get their BCA2 completely up and running before allowing me to purchase one for importation and testing.

My new bolt design for our receivers is scheduled to be completed this week....just have to get it heat treated.

That is about all the "progression" I have this week lolol

THEIS

Also I have no misconceptions that the barrels will last for thousands of rounds so I am not really concerned about barrel wear, as the barrel is the consumable part of the weapon system

THEIS

How long do you really expect for barrel life?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.