Problems with new gun

Not an obstruction but a significant change in bore/rifling diameter. It was probably shrinking the bullet diameter in that choked area and then becoming loose in the remaining 4 inches. If you saved that cutoff piece, I would contact Brux and maybe they would replace with a new blank. They certainly would like to know anyway.
I doubt if they would replace it or warranty it since it has been nitrided?

It was fluted after it was bought I heard you should flute barrel first then do the the riflings
Machining flutes could alter the bore, straightness etc.
I doubt if they would replace it or warranty it since it has been nitrided?
Yeah, they wouldn't like that at Brux. Nitride can be something that builds up as it penetrates. Depends on the process they utilize and whatever spec they attempt to follow....

Not an obstruction but a significant change in bore/rifling diameter. It was probably shrinking the bullet diameter in that choked area and then becoming loose in the remaining 4 inches. If you saved that cutoff piece, I would contact Brux and maybe they would replace with a new blank. They certainly would like to know anyway.
There is no way Brux should be hung out on that, barrel went through a third party process, your time to get a replacement barrel happens before it's in the lathe!!!

Even as routine as doing 5/8x24 muzzle threading could possibly affect the bore. Over the years as long as the barrel have the meat, the muzzle gets 3/4x24.

Even as routine as doing 5/8x24 muzzle threading could possibly affect the bore. Over the years as long as the barrel have the meat, the muzzle gets 3/4x24.

What I would do is send the cut off piece back too Brux , explain what happened and see what explanation they would give back in return. I would not blame them , you will never know for sure , they may be able too figure it out and end the curiosity.