Problems with HSM ammo

YOSEPPY

Hey guys I just got a new 700 adl in .300 win mag. I had some hand loads as well as a box of HSM 185 gr bergers. My rifle shot up the hand loads just fine, but the first round from HSM would not eject after I shot it. Infact the bolt would not open. Have any of you guys had this problem? Is there anything I can do? I did get the bolt open after some work.

Not being able to open the bolt in my world says some extreme pressure was at play!!! Better get it to a competent gunsmith and have him take a look at it..maybe make a chamber mold and look at the dimensions compared to the norm for that cartridge.. had a .308w one time that showed the same thing no matter what I tried to feed it... it's long gone

It turns out it was the Rifle I took it back to the store after it did it again with some hand loads. Needless to say they are sending it back hopefully I'll get it back in a week or two.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.