Powder Scale recomendations

shooter7

About 7 years ago I purchased a Lee Breech-lock reloading kit. While everything has performed decent over the years I'm looking to upgrade my powder scale. It seems that this lee scale is fairly crude compared to others out there. My only constraint is that I'm looking to keep it under $100 as most of my funds are goin towards a 260 build at the moment. Thanks in advance.

For under $200 I bought a GemPro 250 which goes to plus or minus 0.02gr. Depends on how anal you want to get, me I'm quite anal.

Think Hornady makes a GS-1500 for under $50. I have one and you get what you pay for. I spent more time turning it back on and re-zeroing it then I did weighing powder.

there is nothing wrong with that scale. I bought 1 in the early 90's, it is still accurate. Every once in a while I double check it with a digital scale it is always bang on.
My only complaint is that it only goes to 100 grains, but then it is a powder scale and how many charges do you load over 100 grains?
I started with a lyman 500 grain scale but dropped it and bent the arm, that is what had me buy the Lee scale.
Keep it clean and secure in a dust free place when not using it

lets see I have an old RCBS 5-0-5, a scott parker tuned ohaus 10-10, a chargemaster, 2 gempros and a ohaus yj103.

I use the gempros the most but they all work just fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.