Powder scale

Canadian Bushman,
Havent heard of that brand. Will look it up. Sounds like a great replacement for the old ACCU-LAB scales.
Bigeclipse,
The GEM-PRO is a very good scale! At my previous employment we received lots of positive feed back on its performance . Hang on to it! You have an exceptional unit there!

Canadian Bushman,
Havent heard of that brand. Will look it up. Sounds like a great replacement for the old ACCU-LAB scales.
Bigeclipse,
The GEM-PRO is a very good scale! At my previous employment we received lots of positive feed back on its performance . Hang on to it! You have an exceptional unit there!

Agreed...now as far as will the accuracy last?, only time will tell. I am by no means a super long range shooter like some people on here and I know there are plenty of people who say .1% accuracy is all that is needed, which is probably true but if you can get a bit more accuracy why not. Even if some of these GEMPROs show a little drift, as long as they stay under .1grain drift (most report a drift of less than .05) then they are still nice and definitely faster than balance scale. nothing wrong with a balance scale and I will admit mine is over 20 years old so as far as lasting...nothing will beat a balance but in this day an age (unless you are an "if it aint broke don't fix it" type person) I say embrace technology. But yes, I would stay away from any electronic scale under 150 bucks (most scales in the 150+ range will stay .1grain accurate).

Bigeclipse,
Dont know how long the scale will last. Its been my experience with electronics of any kind that they either break right out of the box or shortly thereafter. If they don't they go on forever it seems. The + or - 1/10th of a grain range seems to be a standard for any electronic or mechanical scale used in reloading. If you want less you spend more. In any case get a set of the RCBS SCALE CHECK WEIGHTS to confirm the scale is giving you the correct weight .

Bigeclipse,
Dont know how long the scale will last. Its been my experience with electronics of any kind that they either break right out of the box or shortly thereafter. If they don't they go on forever it seems. The + or - 1/10th of a grain range seems to be a standard for any electronic or mechanical scale used in reloading. If you want less you spend more. In any case get a set of the RCBS SCALE CHECK WEIGHTS to confirm the scale is giving you the correct weight .

the scale came with a check weight that I periodically check with. Also, I have weights from work I can borrow to check once in a while as well :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.