Powder Prices - good lord

The big plan, run the price of factory ammo up until it is unaffordable, and follow that with initial cost, shipping and taxes on supplies for rolling your own. Problem solved. Small pockets of citizens who are prepared are not a problem. Good news is, shootings in the larger cities will decrease for lack of ammo. Cartels will have a new product to peddle.

I got two alerts from Powder Valley this weekend. It was for availability of 2 powders. I had put in an alert for RL16 and AR-Comp. The link they provided was for the 8# jugs, one of each, that I set in the alert for some time ago. I clicked each link and it automatically loaded them in the cart and put me on the website. Very convenient. I scrolled down, expecting a hefty bill, but not that hefty... almost $1,100.00 and Hazmat shipping wasn't added yet. When I came to, I checked for injuries from falling out of my chair, called the neighbors to let them know that the screams they heard were from the tv, clicked delete, delete, and wept for three hours. Ok... most of that is bs but the price sure wasn't.

I learned how to make decent black powder a few years ago. Decent enough to sub it in for GOEX in a pinch. At this rate it won't be long and all competition will be with muzzle loaders and flintlocks.
Yep I do believe this is how our ability to shoot in the future will be controlled by the globalists in our government, by controlling access to ammunition and component availability. I was pretty much taken out of three gun competition when I had time available this year no ammo availability and did not want to burn my components. For hunting components I planned for this administration. But the future does not look bright that Vista outdoors was sold to a company in the EU.

Stocking up on components for my most efficient cartridges so I can get some trigger time this year. Looks like the 6 ARC and 222 are going to get a good work out. I'll shoot my big magnums closer to hunting season. Luckily, I stocked up on 22LR a couple of years ago when all this craziness started so I can do a lot of plinking. I'll have to put a couple of projects on the back burner with the magnum powders.

I was in a local store last week and they had 8 lb jugs of RL16 for $590. I passed. I started reloading before COVID hit in 2020. Luckily I had a few primers and powder already and then bought more up until recently. I've weened myself off Alliant powders mainly due ti scarcity and now price. I think the only ones I'd buy now are RL23 and RL26. Haven't seen either in a long time. I got turned into Ramshot Hunter almost two years ago and now it's no where to be found.
Heck, I bought 2 # of Hunter just to play around with it last year and still haven't loaded any.
As to Alliant, I'm probably shooting up my stocks and calling it with them. There are others on the market that will blow a bullet down a barrel too. It'll take me a WHILE to burn up those stocks though.

I paid NZ 200 dollars for a pound of RE 26 & primers are over 300 dollars per 1000. ADI powders are a bit cheaper at 180 NZ Dollars per kg.
I thought you all turned in your firearms. lol Do you know the exchange rate to the dollar offhand ?
Edit
$1,00 US = $1.57504 NZD
Wow, They are really getting you.

Last edited:
Is it possible I may live long enough to actually see 22LR and/or bird shot shells trade/sell for $1/rd and 1# of powder for $100?

Remembering all those dystopian movies and books about post apocalypse, choose your flavor, where bartering ammo and other were in high demand.
It's here already. A local auction that charges 20% buyer premium just sold 2 boxes of .410 shells in one lot for $35/box before the premium and the next lot of 2 boxes sold for $30/each.

Tin Foil Tinfoil Hat GIF

Yeah I'm going to keep shooting.