Ramshot Magnum good powder?

bluedog69

Is Ramshot Magnum good for 300 Rum? 300 WM? 7 mag? 25-06?
Always used Hodgdon and IMR. Just looking to expand options.

It's NOT temp stable, it will speed up in hotter temps. I've used it with decent success when it's hot outside, but only with loads developed while it's hot outside.

Just something to be careful with during the winter months, don't drop a max-pressure load into the rifle in July without putting some thought into it.

It's NOT temp stable, it will speed up in hotter temps. I've used it with decent success when it's hot outside, but only with loads developed while it's hot outside.

Just something to be careful with during the winter months, don't drop a max-pressure load into the rifle in July without putting some thought into it.
Yes I never trust that even with "temp stable" powders.
Thanks for the advice! Appreciate it.

The more I use it, the more I like it. @QuietTexan is correct, do load development at the warmest temp you'll be shoot in & you're GTG. It meters incredibly well, packs densely & (at least in my experience) provides a bit of a speed boost. Accuracy has also proved to be quite exceptional, it's pretty much my go-to in anything overbore.

t

Use it in some of my cartridges. Most certainly a very good powder in overbore (large capacity) casers with heavy bullets.

No it is absolutely terrible stop using it. If you happen to try it (I have tried and use it in many cartridges) use 1-3gr more to match H1000 velocities. This is a 300WM just this summer. First two are Magnum 1gr difference and the 2nd load I have verified. 3rd is H1000 verification load. Exact same bullet, case, primer, and velocities match.

Attachments

• IMG_E2891.JPG
    IMG_E2891.JPG
    331.6 KB · Views: 83

Recent Posts