Ramshot Magnum?

On the Internet they are both considered terrible. 🤔. The only thing I have seen is one of the guys in our circle had a rl26 load over pressure in cold temp. Below zero. Personally I think too much is made of temp sensitivity. I try not to develop in cold temps to the ragged edge and then take that load out when it is 90*. When we load develop in the cold I try to keep the ammo room temp or body temp right up to the point of firing the shot.

I'm just like everyone. I too will start to doubt my powder choice and then switch to a powder with a better reputation even though I give up performance.
I feel that you have it backwards. Temp Sensitive powder work the other way. The hot the temp the higher the pressure. The colder the temp the lower the pressure. Some powder can change almost 1fps for 1 degree.
I had a load deverlop that was hot to start with. Weather changed from winter in S. Calf to Summer. The temp change below a primer out of the cartridge. The temp change about 60 degrees.

Attachments

• EXTREME RIFLE POWDERS.pdf
    145.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Temp Stable Powder Chart.pdf
    197.8 KB · Views: 71
I feel that you have it backwards. Temp Sensitive powder work the other way. The hot the temp the higher the pressure. The colder the temp the lower the pressure. Some powder can change almost 1fps for 1 degree.
I had a load deverlop that was hot to start with. Weather changed from winter in S. Calf to Summer. The temp change below a primer out of the cartridge. The temp change about 60 degrees.
You might have mis read that.

Both cold and heat can increase pressures. I don't have to worry about extreme cold in my neck of the woods, but after April, heat is guaranteed.

I don't have it backwards. You are correct with most powders. The colder the slower. There are other reports of the double based powders spiking at low temperatures. I have yet to see trouble with rl26 in high temperatures.

Recent Posts