Powder Prices - good lord

IMG_3061.jpeg

Is it possible I may live long enough to actually see 22LR and/or bird shot shells trade/sell for $1/rd and 1# of powder for $100?

Remembering all those dystopian movies and books about post apocalypse, choose your flavor, where bartering ammo and other were in high demand.
Dear God I hope not about the .22LR…but up here in Canada there is powder in stock again finally, some h4350, 4831, superformance….

It's 89.99 a pound before tax where I am locally. With tax it's 100 bucks a pound on the nose just about.

I've been finding some cheaper on auction, especially if they're opened partial containers…I know that's always a gamble and maybe one day i get swindled but so far so good and I'm pretty careful inspecting everything and comparing it against existing samples of the same powder I already have that I bought new and such…

Got a VERY overfill container of superformance, 29 oz (a pound is 16)…and I got it for 29 bucks! It is what it says it is, no issue. Another overfill container (I assume the original owner was refilling 1 pounders from 8 pounders?) of h380 got very cheap, and an 8 pound of the now discontinued imr4955 enduron with just a few ounces used out of it for 245 bucks Canadian. That works out to like 35 a pound I think. I'm not even crazy about that particular powder but it works and I'm even less crazy about paying what they're asking for new stuff.

Glad I had the fore sight to start socking up before the first Oboma election. I have to buy very little these days and have enough to get by with a decent amount of shooting for the rest of my life. The only components I buy anymore are when I want to experiment with a new round.
Same here. Learned from parents who went thru the Great Depression
I do buy bullets now cuz most of my old stock is loaded & in containers

Dear God I hope not about the .22LR…but up here in Canada there is powder in stock again finally, some h4350, 4831, superformance….

It's 89.99 a pound before tax where I am locally. With tax it's 100 bucks a pound on the nose just about.

I've been finding some cheaper on auction, especially if they're opened partial containers…I know that's always a gamble and maybe one day i get swindled but so far so good and I'm pretty careful inspecting everything and comparing it against existing samples of the same powder I already have that I bought new and such…

Got a VERY overfill container of superformance, 29 oz (a pound is 16)…and I got it for 29 bucks! It is what it says it is, no issue. Another overfill container (I assume the original owner was refilling 1 pounders from 8 pounders?) of h380 got very cheap, and an 8 pound of the now discontinued imr4955 enduron with just a few ounces used out of it for 245 bucks Canadian. That works out to like 35 a pound I think. I'm not even crazy about that particular powder but it works and I'm even less crazy about paying what they're asking for new stuff.
I can get superformance down here for 32$ /lb

Since we are near the Christmas season I thought I would attempt to spread a little cheer. Go look at your reloading supplies. Do a quick calculation on how much you have in the cabinets. Many of you are rich and don't realize it. Merry Christmas!
Did that just the other day and found an 8 lb jug of RL16 that, for the life of me, I can't recollect where or when I snagged it... That ever happen to anyone else?

Recent Posts