Powder Prices - good lord

So they announce a future price increase...

I have to wonder if they are just using the current situations overseas as a reason to gouge us even more and top it off with an announcement to feed the panic buying?

With the shelves finally starting to fill up, were sales numbers finally coming down and maybe, at some point, so would prices (and therefore profit)?

What a load of horse manure.

I'll be doing what I can to avoid Vista products from here on out.

So they announce a future price increase...

I have to wonder if they are just using the current situations overseas as a reason to gouge us even more and top it off with an announcement to feed the panic buying?

With the shelves finally starting to fill up, were sales numbers finally coming down and maybe, at some point, so would prices (and therefore profit)?

What a load of horse manure.

I'll be doing what I can to avoid Vista products from here on out.
Vista sold out. We'll see what the new owners do.

The all-cash sale of the sporting products unit, which includes its guns and ammunition business, to privately held Czechoslovak Group a.s. (CSG) is expected to close next calendar year, Vista Outdoor said.

Since we are near the Christmas season I thought I would attempt to spread a little cheer. Go look at your reloading supplies. Do a quick calculation on how much you have in the cabinets. Many of you are rich and don't realize it. Merry Christmas!

I did that about a year ago, and even when completed on several previous years, I came to an estimated dollar amount that made my wife cringe. Today, even more so. I have informed her of the estimated resale/replacement values, you know just in case I pass unexpectedly, but I have always considered firearms, reloading equipment and supplies, and all the other various hunting/shooting paraphernalia an "investment" that would increase in dollar value. Not to mention barter value in some unforeseen crisis.

Last edited:
I did that about a year ago, and even when completed on several previous years, I came to an estimated a dollar amount that made my wife cringe. Today, even more so. I have informed her of the estimated resale/replacement values, you know just in case I pass unexpectedly, but I have always considered firearms, reloading equipment and supplies, and all the other various hunting/shooting paraphernalia an "investment" that would increase in dollar value. Not to mention barter value in some unforeseen crisis.
I don't carry Life Insurance. I have "Reloading Component" Insurance!

A few months ago Alliant announced a 30% increase on all powders.....now a couple 8lbs are gonna be in the 1k+- neighborhood. Glad I'm stocked up on most of the RL powders I use.

Vv powders used to be the most expensive now they're the cheapest from what I can tell. 🤷‍♂️

I believe I am finally ready to stop buying 1#'s. I have enough varieties to test any potential rifle I may acquire. I guess the good news is I will have 1# canisters to transfer the 8# powder into. Now if I can only get by with the arm and leg I will need to sell to afford the big jugs.
I use both arms and both legs too much to get rid of them but I do have two kidneys. Lol 😂

Is it possible I may live long enough to actually see 22LR and/or bird shot shells trade/sell for $1/rd and 1# of powder for $100?

Remembering all those dystopian movies and books about post apocalypse, choose your flavor, where bartering ammo and other were in high demand.

Now you're living in my world! 😂 I've been preparing for and expecting that for a long time. Only, I thought that it would have happened long before now! memtb

The prices do make me think about possible next projects. Efficiency of a cartridge starts to play a bigger part when it is something you will shoot often. It is one of the things (reloading) that once you start, you really can't stop. Just loaded 100 357 magnums for a new revolver. When using 15grs of 2400 per load, I don't think I will go broke.