Powder Alert!

300prc I have been to every sporting goods store in Helena Montana and have not seen what you are describing.
Online I shop at Powder Valley,Bruno's,Natchez,Brownell's,Graf's,Recobs,Selway Armory,and I cruise Hodgens website but don't pay those prices.
Any ideas?
I forgot reloadingunlimited.
Have you been on Midsouth Shooters ? They have some powders. Not the ones you listed. But a possible alternative to try.

One item I am looking for is Retumbo. I know good luck! It wasn't on my on my buck list, but reading more about it, I am going to give it a try. I am single based powder man. That's about all I every use. I hunt in -20 to 110+ weather, and I don't need the change in velocity. I have done so much reading here and had me looking things up, has really change my thinking around. I was a happy camper with ground in or under 1/2" at 100yds. I held my shot to 500yds or under for large game. Now I going after P dogs and what to extend my range out 700 to 900 yards. We'll see.

I like that as I feel the same way.
I will keep scouting brother and in the meantime if you hear or see anything let me know please.
Rooster,I'd help you if I know what you are looking for and a price you are willing to pay? Maybe this to get your hands ready for when it is available.
100.jpg

Mike. Retumbo is MIA.

Last edited:
One item I am looking for is Retumbo. I know good luck! It wasn't on my on my buck list, but reading more about it, I am going to give it a try. I am single based powder man. That's about all I every use. I hunt in -20 to 110+ weather, and I don't need the change in velocity. I have done so much reading here and had me looking things up, has really change my thinking around. I was a happy camper with ground in or under 1/2" at 100yds. I held my shot to 500yds or under for large game. Now I going after P dogs and what to extend my range out 700 to 900 yards. We'll see.
I had good luck with midsouth for retumbo a few months back right in the middle of the crazy mess. Limit was 10# so I took advantage of that.
Keep after it, it will pop up.

300prc I am looking for H1000,Varget,Reloader7 and Reloader 16 for now.I may remember more later but thats all I can think of for now.
Retumbo is too dirty and I traded my 2 pounds for IMR 4350.
I have 1/2 pound of H1000 left.

I saw that right after my last post 15 minutes ago.
I have some on the way.
Thanks for being quick on the draw.
I love your state.The wife and I go to Couer D Alene a couple of times a year usually but this year we haven't been at all yet.

Yes, it is, as long as folks continue to buy powder at these extreme prices. Stop buying/hoarding powder, let the volume build up in stores and storage facilities, and the prices will come down. Reloading powder in not an inelastic commodity like gasoline and basic staples. This reminds me of several years ago under the Obama regime, everyone thought "they" were going to take away our guns, so $600 AR-15s became $1,500 AR-15s...a year or two later those $1,500 ARs became $600 guns...things that make you go Hmmm!
Until fuel returns to "normal" your idea of leaving it all in the stores so the prices come down won't happen. Too much panic has already happened. And people adapt to new prices and just move on because reloading is something that is important to them. Cost of fuel attached to the powder primers etc will not let prices go down. And things have been gone from shelves long enough to make everyone say I don't care what it costs. I'm not gonna be without it.

Until fuel returns to "normal" your idea of leaving it all in the stores so the prices come down won't happen. Too much panic has already happened. And people adapt to new prices and just move on because reloading is something that is important to them. Cost of fuel attached to the powder primers etc will not let prices go down. And things have been gone from shelves long enough to make everyone say I don't care what it costs. I'm not gonna be without it.
I digress a bit on that. You are probably correct in the assumption that people are currently willing to buy as they need it, or reloading is important to them.
I think a lot of this is being done on credit for at least some of the people buying inflated prices out of the assumption that the current administration isn't gun friendly. As soon as the credit cards start creeping with the apr going up, the demand will start to slip a bit, and the gouging will slowly fade as shelves start to fill. There will surely be a new normal on pricing, but I don't think it's at the current numbers.

I digress a bit on that. You are probably correct in the assumption that people are currently willing to buy as they need it, or reloading is important to them.
I think a lot of this is being done on credit for at least some of the people buying inflated prices out of the assumption that the current administration isn't gun friendly. As soon as the credit cards start creeping with the apr going up, the demand will start to slip a bit, and the gouging will slowly fade as shelves start to fill. There will surely be a new normal on pricing, but I don't think it's at the current numbers.
With ever inflation, rising interest rates, increased regulations and insanely inflated fuel prices I'm afraid this is the "new normal" at least for the foreseeable future.

On top of everything else there's an ongoing, ever increasing steady growth in the shooting sports, particularly with people's growing concern for safety/self-defense which is putting a serious strain on production. Add to that the Army fielding a new battle rifle and LMG/MMG round we're probably at least 3-5 years away from seeing any easing.