Powder Alert!

Everyone's needs are different. I can pretty easily shoot 5 or more pounds of powder in a year. others are much more than that, some people only shoot 5-20 rounds per year. It's not hoarding unless your stash greatly outweighs your consumption.
Peoples consumption can change greatly in their future. Maybe they are preparing for these times. Should they wait till they can't purchase any ? Or the desired product is discontinued when they want it. Or the price has tripled ? I wish I would have bought 100 times more of certain components in the past. Tell me honestly you wish you had not done the same.

Go back and re-read my posts.
Buy what you want.
I just think it's a dick move to buy just because someone else wants it.
I really doubt that is a persons true intention. I don't buy so someone else can't have something. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I was talking GREATLY. I have over a years powder supply easy. When I put on a barrel I try my best to buy a lot of bullets and powder to run it out. so 1-2000 bullets depending on cartridge and usually around 10lbs powder. (that's for every rifle) I'm talking about the guys who shoot 20 rounds a year and are buying up every powder they see whether they use it or not.
Sitting on 50 lbs and shooting half a pound a year is pretty janky.

I'm not here to stop anyone. Stock pile as you see fit but you do know one lot of powder to the next is not consistent so if you are shooting for accuracy having 10-20 different lots of powder is not conducive as you essentially have to re do your load every jug.

If you are shooting shorter distances you can load a mid-weight book charge and call it a day. But I've had to adjust loads with retumbo over 15% to bring the accuracy back in.
You weren't getting an argument from me, just stating the method behind my madness.

Oh for the days when I had three rifles in 220 Swift, 7RM, and 375 H&H.

3lbs of powder would last me a couple of years.

Of course I was burning up several hundred pounds of copper plated shot and about 8lbs of pistol/shotgun powder during those same years. 🤣

If you feel like spending time doing some work up, you can always try some of the Midwest Powders or pull-downs (when in stock) from American Reloading. After coupon codes they are less than half the cost of other powders with free hazmat shipping right now.

Looks to me that H4350 and H4831 is staying the shelf longer now. Price is dropping too. H4831 down to $316.00 for 8#'s. Nothing to get all work up about, but it's better. MidSouth is where that was located at.

Looks to me that H4350 and H4831 is staying the shelf longer now. Price is dropping too. H4831 down to $316.00 for 8#'s. Nothing to get all work up about, but it's better. MidSouth is where that was located at.
Someday we'll figure out that not buying will lower the price, as far as I'm concerned they can shove it...

Someday we'll figure out that not buying will lower the price, as far as I'm concerned they can shove it...
Midway had Fed 210 @ $80.00 for awhile this morning. Gone again.
The only way that going to happen is everybody feels stocked up. I see a lot of other powders out there, and not moving either. At the same time the price isn't moving down much either.

There no way that people will stand together on not purchasing powder and primers. About the best thing is to keep people aware of where powder and primers are at and it any change in pricing. I am see some powder pricing, and ammo is coming down. I watched 5.56 ammo go from $0.24 to $2.00 per round, and now in again in the are of $0.40 per round. I still haven't purchase any yet. Now IRS is buying million of rounds of ammo presently. Why I don't know. I didn't realize that IRS were in any gun fights ever. I guess that the new 87,000 agents they are getting, need the ammo and guns to back themselves up.
H4350 and H4831 are staying on the shelves long or sticking around. Those are good signs. A lot of other powders have been staying on the shelves for a long time now. One thing is the suppliers are slowly moving prices down.
Inflation is kicking in too. That's going to slow up people in buying items, that's they have to live on.
I know that I have really changed my drive habits. So there a lot less miles being driven down the road by me. It's not that I can't afford the cost of fuel, but I can make my driving count more.
The hard part is the people that are on fix income. There income isn't even beginning to keep up. I feel for those people. Some created their own problems, and other didn't.

There no way that people will stand together on not purchasing powder and primers. About the best thing is to keep people aware of where powder and primers are at and it any change in pricing. I am see some powder pricing, and ammo is coming down. I watched 5.56 ammo go from $0.24 to $2.00 per round, and now in again in the are of $0.40 per round. I still haven't purchase any yet. Now IRS is buying million of rounds of ammo presently. Why I don't know. I didn't realize that IRS were in any gun fights ever. I guess that the new 87,000 agents they are getting, need the ammo and guns to back themselves up.
H4350 and H4831 are staying on the shelves long or sticking around. Those are good signs. A lot of other powders have been staying on the shelves for a long time now. One thing is the suppliers are slowly moving prices down.
Inflation is kicking in too. That's going to slow up people in buying items, that's they have to live on.
I know that I have really changed my drive habits. So there a lot less miles being driven down the road by me. It's not that I can't afford the cost of fuel, but I can make my driving count more.
The hard part is the people that are on fix income. There income isn't even beginning to keep up. I feel for those people. Some created their own problems, and other didn't.
Don't worry, the 87,000 new IRS agents isn't going to be happening.

Most people don't realize it but just about every federal agency today has armed enforcement agents and/or SWAT teams.