Poor Customer Service Baretta Tikka T3X

Anyone else have trouble with Baretta/Tikka?

• Total voters
View attachment 166236 Appears to me(a humble member of the peanut gallery) you only tried 2 bullets in it and condemned it as a non shooter. Seems like maybe you were quick to judge it instead of trying a few different bullets. It would be great if a $600 gun shot everything under moa but again it's a $600 rifle! And maybe it's the shooter? Probably not though. I'm sure it's the gun that you tried all of 2 bullets in.[/QUOTE
Yeah: you are peanut gallery. I never used the word "condemn" in my post you did - peanut gallery. And for the record, the Tikka Customer Service Rep mocked ME for not sending the rifle in rifle in SOONER when the 150 GR ABLR Factory Ammo didn't shoot under MOA (and for wasting so much money playing with reloads)! So yeah - I called Baretta and he said send it in! And no it wasn't the shooter - I bought if for my son who set the NRA Junior National Record in F-Class-TR with 199-6X in 2015 and is now on the US Team going to S. Africa in 2021.

I'm leaning toward working on the stock. Baretta told me their gunsmith would inspect/fix the stock but they didn't even take it apart. Tuning is one thing; having to repair a new rifle stock "for the very vest production line rifle available" doesn't jive with the Tikka's mantra "Second to None" on their boxes. Thanks to the guys who shared constructive thoughts - made it worth having to put up with the peanut gallery that infect every site like this.
Listen up "newb"... just because we in "the peanut gallery" don't happen to agree with your viewpoint, our viewpoint IS just as valid as anyone else's. You asked for our opinions and experiences with Beretta and you've gotten a pretty good range of negative to positive answers. This is a forum for opinions not a political party where we all have to agree.

I've had two bad customer service experiences with Beretta. First was on a Benelli shotgun when the SBE's first came out. Second was with a pair of Burris bino's that had a lifetime warranty. Found out it wasn't lifetime when I actually needed repairs. Ended up sending letters to Beretta in both situations. Their customer service sucked to the point they didn't even respond to my letters. Won't ever own Burris, Steiner, Beretta or any other brand they own...

Listen up "newb"... just because we in "the peanut gallery" don't happen to agree with your viewpoint, our viewpoint IS just as valid as anyone else's. You asked for our opinions and experiences with Beretta and you've gotten a pretty good range of negative to positive answers. This is a forum for opinions not a political party where we all have to agree.

Name calling. Nice. I'm sure that will win him over...

As others have said, try some 140 Accubonds. Make sure the recoil lug is setting right into the action. Check the torque on the action screws. If you want to float the barrel it's about a 5 minute job. Double check rings/bases and scope. Adjust the trigger while it's out of the stock if you want.

Tikkas generally shoot pretty darn good. If all those things fail I'm in the market for a Tikka magnum action!

I did find it funny that a gentleman with 53 posts called him a "newb" :)
Obviously, posts don't account for life experience. I don't agree with the OP and would like to buy the rifle at a discounted price, however, he is entitled to his opinion and don't know every detail.

So I was barely getting moa in my tx3 7mm rem mag. I decided to take the stock off and just look at things. I noticed each screw had a different torque. I flipped over the lug and torqued each screw to 35 and Tran about a dozen rounds through it. The last 3 of my reloads were .2 inches at 100 yards. I was planning on rebarelling it until yesterday. Mu point, just play with it. I also agree to try lighter bullets.

Anyone else have a bad experience with Baretta? I bought a T3X in 270 WSM for my son. It wouldn't shoot under 2.5 inch groups after trying factory (150 Gr ABLR) and reloads with 150 ABLR & 130 gr Swift Scirocco (w/4350 or RL19). I sent to Baretta with all the targets and a detailed letter summarizing I got same results with Warne Rings & Tally Rings each with a different brand new Leupold scope. My letter also pointed out how the barrel has marks where it's not free floating and touching nubs from the forward part of the stock. They sent it right back with a form letter stating it's my problem. Their form letter attempts to show it shot a .5 inch three shot group (but their own form shows the results were for a 300WSM NOT a 270WSM! What a joke. I've already spent a great deal of money in components and have no confidence in this rifle. Any recommendations?
well that sucks! Having said that, you've already spent the money, so now I would go ahead and pull out all the stops. Have the action bedding check and modify it as necessary (pillars and glass bedding) recrown it, verify the bbl is in-fact free floated, have a bore scope verify condition of lands & grooves. Adjust or replace the trigger assembly. I know no one wants to do this after dumping a bunch of money into a new rifle, but if "you're in for a penny may as well be in for a pound"
The alternative is to sell it, loose some money and then someone else inherits the problem........that would NOT be cool. So IMHO I would go all out to fix it... my.02Cents

and as Jpron pointed out lug & tang torque is very important

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.