Poor Customer Service Baretta Tikka T3X

Anyone else have trouble with Baretta/Tikka?

• Total voters

Falcon1986

Anyone else have a bad experience with Baretta? I bought a T3X in 270 WSM for my son. It wouldn't shoot under 2.5 inch groups after trying factory (150 Gr ABLR) and reloads with 150 ABLR & 130 gr Swift Scirocco (w/4350 or RL19). I sent to Baretta with all the targets and a detailed letter summarizing I got same results with Warne Rings & Tally Rings each with a different brand new Leupold scope. My letter also pointed out how the barrel has marks where it's not free floating and touching nubs from the forward part of the stock. They sent it right back with a form letter stating it's my problem. Their form letter attempts to show it shot a .5 inch three shot group (but their own form shows the results were for a 300WSM NOT a 270WSM! What a joke. I've already spent a great deal of money in components and have no confidence in this rifle. Any recommendations?

I called them today about throat length. 15 min wait, spoke a tech (nice guy) but he said he had no idea, only the engineers in Finland know. He transferred me but literally warned me that "they don't work, so don't expect an answer. Good luck."

Just to play Devil's advocate for a moment - trying only two different bullets (150gr ABLR & 130gr Swift Scirocco) isn't exactly an exhaustive test of the gun's capability. Try some Sierras, Barnes, Bergers, or some ELD-M's & X's. Some guns are just picky about which projectile they like. Since you reload, give the Hammer bullets a try. They have an excellent reputation for being very accurate with minimal load development.

Also, if you see the stock rubbing the barrel in places, it would be easy enough to sand those areas down to get the thing free-floated, which should help. I can "feel" your frustration, but don't give up just yet. There's a chance the gun can still be a shooter.

For the record I don't have accuracy issues with my Tikka. It's a great rifle. Just needed a some quick info on it.

A New rifle should Not need alterations! It should work right off! If it's my problem I would solve that by never spending another cent with that company!
Too many others competing for that same cash! Make them work for it!
Or go under..It's their problem...
That's great advice, just buy rifles till you find one that shoots your one factory load!!

I have a safe full But only 3 or 4 keepers? I don't fool with them either they suit me or I sell them. It's pretty simple...You guys act like they are Kids or something?
If you don't like it why keep it..They are tools like Chainsaws or Mowers. Tomorrow is another day... You PAID Tikka to sell you a serviceable rifle you shouldn't have to fix what you PAID them to do. Does it say Tikka on my shirt??

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.