Poor Customer Service Baretta Tikka T3X

Anyone else have trouble with Baretta/Tikka?

• Total voters
Yuppers,,, sell it and take the lose,,, or send it to 1 of the top 5 rifle builders to get it sorted,,, """find the issue""" and proceed from there...

Once the issue (s) have been detected,,, it would be wize for them to address this on their dime and the extra funds you are spending to trouble shoot the puzzle...

Let Sako know this with a friendly letter or e-mail with the problem your licenced top tear gun-smith found...

Only then proceed with action...

The other option is fork out more funds which sucks goats milk,,, if I was to run into a issue / puzzle,,, I drop my rifles off at my friends shop since he's pretty skilled at sorting things out,,, in the machining world and boots on the ground...

If he can't sort things out,,, then the world's going down... Ha

Sorry to hear that things didn't pan out,,, very rare for this in most cases,,, but it dose happen...

Good luck getting your Gunsmith friend to take over from this point as it will get sorted one way or the other...

I owned a tikka stainless lite in 308. It would shoot 168 or 175 GMM into 1/2 inch 3 shot groups. Factory hornady 165 btsp and 150 sst weren't far behind. If memory serves it shot 180 powershocks right at or under an inch. The only thing it didn't like was federal premium 165 gamekings. The other two I have shot would also regularly shoot sub MOA and near 1/2 MOA with quality factory ammo

I've owned two T3s: a 308 Win and 270 WSM. Both were excellent rifles that shot very well out of the box. Easy to find a nice load for both. Ended up selling them to fund a custom build, otherwise they would still be in the safe. My brother's T3 CTR is an absolute tack driver with factory ammo.

Oh, Good Lord! this is going to be more fun than the hog roundup in the fall.
all I can say is that every Tikka I own, Sako too, and every one that has come through the shop has never had accuracy issues except one that had a visibly bent barrel from the idiot getting mad and beating a tree with the rifle. the scope was slightly mangled too.

Interesting. Hadn't heard it was an acronym. The "socko" pronunciation is fairly standard in other world languages. English is just weird.
SAKO, Limited (Finnish: Suojeluskuntain Ase- ja Konepaja Oy, lit "Civil Guard Gun and Machining Works Ltd") is a Finnishfirearm and ammunition manufacturer located in Riihimäki, Tavastia Proper in southern Finland. It also has owned the Tikkabrand of bolt-action rifles since 1983, and is now owned by the Italian firearm holding company Beretta Holding.

I had the same problem with the same caliber in a sako with the same results. I have had three sako rifles and two shot like a house on fire. The wsm shot patterns not groups. Tried several boxes of ammo with various weight bullets. After several hundred dollars of tinkering I shed myself of it and continued to hunt with my trusted 7mm mag.

I'd relieve the stock at end to free float it, and load or buy some 140 accubonds, ttsx, or bergers. If that doesn't shoot w a know accurate powder, then re-crown. I have a T3 270 WSM and it likes the AB 140s really good in the node (0.3 MOA), but still shoots around 1 MOA with other charge weights.

Anyone else have a bad experience with Baretta?
To answer this question YES I have!
The short story is I had mechanical problem with a brand new Sako it was so bad that it was unusable. The last thing the rep from Beretta said to me was, do you want me to put you thru to our legal dept? You're only option is to sue us and good luck with that.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.