Poor Customer Service Baretta Tikka T3X

Anyone else have trouble with Baretta/Tikka?

• Total voters
bad customer service...?? yeah, maybe, but bad rifles...? not hardly. Tikka and Sako are two of the very best production line/commercial rifles available. All production line rifles need tuning to be their best. That's one reason why we are all so interested in this sport. It's so much great fun, all this fiddling we do!

I'm leaning toward working on the stock. Baretta told me their gunsmith would inspect/fix the stock but they didn't even take it apart. Tuning is one thing; having to repair a new rifle stock "for the very vest production line rifle available" doesn't jive with the Tikka's mantra "Second to None" on their boxes. Thanks to the guys who shared constructive thoughts - made it worth having to put up with the peanut gallery that infect every site like this.

I called them today about throat length. 15 min wait, spoke a tech (nice guy) but he said he had no idea, only the engineers in Finland know. He transferred me but literally warned me that "they don't work, so don't expect an answer. Good luck."
Must be typical for these rifles. I have one in 308, can't get anywhere near the lands without massively exceeding mag length. I have a 165 thou jump with 165gr ABs :/

Must be typical for these rifles. I have one in 308, can't get anywhere near the lands without massively exceeding mag length. I have a 165 thou jump with 165gr ABs :/

well I'm trying to shoot 77 grainers in it so I'm hoping I can get them to 2.35 ~ 2.4 OAL and they shoot alright.

I purchased high end rifle in 7mm. Applied a VX6 and figured it would shoot lights out with hand loads knowing it would just take time to find the recipe. After 400 rounds down range I was positive there was something wrong with this rifle and sent it off to a well known gunsmith. It came back with a clean bill of health other then the round count. I then sent off the VX6 to get it verified. 2 months later it came back repaired. Kinda slow turn around but I was not in a hurry. While it was away for repairs I talked to another shooter who used the same scope and he went thru 4 to find a good one. Must have been just a bad batch that made it thru the process. After reinstalling the scope it shoots lights out like I always figured it would. Point being changing a decent scope over to another decent scope does not prove the rifle is bad. I have a T3 in 300wm and it have always been a shooter once I developed the load.

I'm leaning toward working on the stock. Baretta told me their gunsmith would inspect/fix the stock but they didn't even take it apart. Tuning is one thing; having to repair a new rifle stock "for the very vest production line rifle available" doesn't jive with the Tikka's mantra "Second to None" on their boxes. Thanks to the guys who shared constructive thoughts - made it worth having to put up with the peanut gallery that infect every site like this.
Not to be harsh but you bought a $600 dollar mainstream production rifle and tried 2 factory loads in it and condemned it as having a problem big enough to send it in? Maybe your expectations are too high. I definitely think I would have tried more than 2 types of ammo before I condemned a $600 gun. Just my 2 cents. Hope it works out for you.

First off I do not have one of these rifles but repair kinda goes along with my issue, I had a Savage Axis, it got where it would not fire 7 out of 10 of my reloads so I called Savage and as soon as I mentioned shooting my reloads they laughed at me and said any gun they sell , when you shoot 1 reload shell thru it your warrenty is gone. I was wondering if this manufacturer is same way, I know when most gun people reload their own, I have reloaded about all my life, is it that way with all makers of guns? And by the way I did a search and see lots of people have same problem I had, I did take bolt apart , clean and it helped but did not cure it so I traded it off and got me something else and will never buy another Savage.
Reloads voids the warranty for all manufactures

I, too, have had abysmal experience with Beretta's customer service regarding current Tikka firearms. Called two different times, hoping to get a different "tech", but it was the same "why are you bothering me" guy. Told me "that's just physics". Ah, no it isn't. I know exactly the issue. $30 at a local smith fixed the issue, in addition to some tweaking on my own. My guess is they know problems exist, but throw canned responses at customers, and kick the can further.

For the same money, I should have more closely examined the Weatherby Vanguard series; or spent a little more for a Howa or Sauer Classic.

My humble opinion is to avoid Tikka in its current state.
try Vanguard?? oh boy, you are in for a surprise... We've had a few of the cheap roy's in the family... every single one of them was crap... Rough triggers, marginal accuracy, etc... I'll take a Tikka, remmy 700, or Savage any day... I don't know if I'd even gift a Vanguard to someone I really don't like...

Not to be harsh but you bought a $600 dollar mainstream production rifle and tried 2 factory loads in it and condemned it as having a problem big enough to send it in? Maybe your expectations are too high. I definitely think I would have tried more than 2 types of ammo before I condemned a $600 gun. Just my 2 cents. Hope it works out for you.
Not to be harsh Beaver but if you had read my post I tried one factory load and several other reloads at various powder weights and bullets. You're part of the peanut gallery that infects these sites.

Not to be harsh Beaver but if you had read my post I tried one factory load and several other reloads at various powder weights and bullets. You're part of the peanut gallery that infects these sites.
Was just trying to help. I definitely don't think I'm part of the peanut gallery as I've been a well intentioned contributing member for quite awhile. Not just made 3 posts taking shots at a good gun company like you. I must have misread your original post but I read the entire thread. I'm sorry you have a gun that won't shoot. Good luck.

To be fair, any Tupperware stock, from any company, has potential for issues. My tikka t3 varmint was slapped into a manners PRS1. It's an extremely accurate, functional, and good looking rifle.

7426A1D5-16FA-4DC5-8A70-00E07899D326.jpeg
Appears to me(a humble member of the peanut gallery) you only tried 2 bullets in it and condemned it as a non shooter. Seems like maybe you were quick to judge it instead of trying a few different bullets. It would be great if a $600 gun shot everything under moa but again it's a $600 rifle! And maybe it's the shooter? Probably not though. I'm sure it's the gun that you tried all of 2 bullets in.

Anyone else have a bad experience with Baretta? I bought a T3X in 270 WSM for my son. It wouldn't shoot under 2.5 inch groups after trying factory (150 Gr ABLR) and reloads with 150 ABLR & 130 gr Swift Scirocco (w/4350 or RL19). I sent to Baretta with all the targets and a detailed letter summarizing I got same results with Warne Rings & Tally Rings each with a different brand new Leupold scope. My letter also pointed out how the barrel has marks where it's not free floating and touching nubs from the forward part of the stock. They sent it right back with a form letter stating it's my problem. Their form letter attempts to show it shot a .5 inch three shot group (but their own form shows the results were for a 300WSM NOT a 270WSM! What a joke. I've already spent a great deal of money in components and have no confidence in this rifle. Any recommendations?

Sorry for your poor customer service experience,here's mine,bought a Tikka T1x 22 long rifle fabulous rifle,will shoot on par with anything out there. However my trigger wouldn't adjust down to the 2lbs specified,i have all my hunting rifles set at 2lbs clean crisp break. SO back to Beretta they paid shipping both ways 10 days turn around time,trigger will adjust perfectly now down to 2lbs with as clean ,crisp break as anyone could hope for. Individual results may vary,mine was positive.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.