POI

shooter53

How do you guys manage your POI when shooting off a bipod on hard ground, soft ground, off your truck, i use a small cal .222 so it wouldnt effect me much out to 200yds on grass and the occasional dirt or farm road, but what about you guys with the larger cals

If you "Load your bipod" as in relax into it with body weight pressure you can eliminate a lot of POI shifting regardless of ground substrate. If that isn't possible shooting off an obstacle, then concentrate on applying slight pressure straight back/linear into the shoulder. Shooting off a loaded bipod vs a bagged gun on the bench will cause some POI. Just got to remember it like you would your cold bore shot POI.

@shooter53 If you find yourself shooting prone on the ground regularly, you can cheat a bit with spiked feet. They dig in and give you that "wall" to push into. Rubber feet have a tendency to slide, and rotating rubber feet on a Harris bipod will slide you across the county!
5F96B547-E0B1-49BE-9564-25AFF5B556C0.jpeg

@shooter53 If you find yourself shooting prone on the ground regularly, you can cheat a bit with spiked feet. They dig in and give you that "wall" to push into. Rubber feet have a tendency to slide, and rotating rubber feet on a Harris bipod will slide you across the county!
View attachment 324568
hi just wonder what bipod is this your using, can you buy these spikes for a harris bipod never seen them before

hi just wonder what bipod is this your using, can you buy these spikes for a harris bipod never seen them before
Those are hawk hill custom talons on an Atlas CAL bipod. Quick detach. You can get spiked feet for Harris, but you have to wrestle with the permanent attach roll pins. Beating them in and out can be a chore. If you installed them on a Harris I would leave them installed and have another rubber foot bipod for shooting bench use.

Those are hawk hill custom talons on an Atlas CAL bipod. Quick detach. You can get spiked feet for Harris, but you have to wrestle with the permanent attach roll pins. Beating them in and out can be a chore. If you installed them on a Harris I would leave them installed and have another rubber foot bipod for shooting bench use.
thanks for the info will get a set of these, happy shooting, stay safe

I have spike feet on my Harris bipods . I bought two sets from a guy on accurateshooter.com , he makes them . he has his sized so the original rubber foot fits over the spike foot . I don't know how well they stay on , but it's sized for this . since I've used spikes I don't have the need for the rubber feet . rubber feet are probably good shooting from a table . here is another source for harris spike feet .