plez help with primers

bigsal5353

I live in Pittsburgh PA and cant find FGM215 primers anywhere, was even down at Cableas last week.

my pet load for my 300wm uses FGM 215 primers.. SINCE I cant find them, SHOULD I use match large rifle primers OR magnum rifle primers???

Im thinking that I should go with the magnum primers, since using the match large rifle would probably effect my load more??

whats your thoughts

Third Generation Shooting Supply (advertiser on this site) did have some, I got some in from them just a few weeks ago...... don't know if they still have any or not.

Check around and you should be able to find some Fed 215s. Others on this site have said the Wolf brand primers are shooting real well, but I have not tried them. I was fortunate enough to get a heads up from a BR shooting buddy a few years back on the Fed Gold Medals getting hard to get and stocked up with pretty much a lifetime supply so I have not had to experiment with other primers since we got into the Fed GM primer famine.

My local gun shop has both 215 and 215M, but he charges and arm and a leg. Right now I have 10,000 215 federal primers, that should last a week or two.

I live in Pittsburgh PA and cant find FGM215 primers anywhere, was even down at Cableas last week.

my pet load for my 300wm uses FGM 215 primers.. SINCE I cant find them, SHOULD I use match large rifle primers OR magnum rifle primers???

Im thinking that I should go with the magnum primers, since using the match large rifle would probably effect my load more??

whats your thoughts

I have a few hundred thousand of each. If you feel like driving a few hours west, I'll free up some..

Thankfully the supply has freed up some...Powder Valley, Inc.

In stock for $33/1000 Only problem is when I have to order powder/primers I end up with a truckload so that the haz-mat fee does not hurt so muchgun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.