Winchester primers rupturing. Help!

I've had problems with both large rifle and magnum primers.I'm not sure,but I think this batch may be the ones I bought last year,because it seems to have happen to me in the last year.It does leave a burn in the bolt face.I have not seen any affects from it so far,but it doesn't look too good when it does.My lot #'s are WLRM DLL219G and WLR DGL747G

I've had exactly one primer blow out incident (2 primers in one loaded box) in the last fifteen years (likely more than 15) caused by weak primer cups. That was in my 7stw with 215's. I stopped using the brass (20 rounds bought used- I wonder what that brass went through with the last owner) and everything was fine. I've never seen a Winchester primer blow out and I've used thousands.

Work your brass too hard a couple of times, loosen up the pockets a bit (even if you run milder loads after that you still have oversized primer pockets) Then set your headspace a bit short on your sizing die. You have a good chance of loosing a primer now and again to rupture then. All you need is a batch of primers with the cups a bit on the brittle side.

BTW., all primer cups sold by the major makers are brass.... some are just plated...

just bought two more cases of wlrm's today.... going to use them as subs for 215's (after load tweaking of course) as I'm down to a couple of cases of those...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.