Pistol grip stock/chassis that fits a Borden Bigfoot

bharris

I am building a 300NM IMP off of a Borden Bigfoot LW. The issue I am having is two fold. One, the action is rather large in diameter, which is limiting what chassis I can use as it is 1.4" in diameter. I originally was going to use the MDT HNTR26, as its carbon fiber, but it cannot accept that diameter bolt. The second issue is, I am new to the long range world and have limited knowledge of custom stocks out there. I know the big guys, IE McMillan and such, but am trying to stay in the vertical grip style of stock/chassis and haven't had much luck finding that which will accept the action diameter.

If any of you gents have experience with the Borden action and can help a guy out, that would be fantastic.

Brad

This might be a starting point

This might be a starting point
I appreciate it! I called them and they don't make that chassis anymore. It was really only made for Ryan in limited numbers, but at 4.2lbs, it broaches the weight requirements I'm trying to stay within anyways. Thanks though!

I appreciate it! I called them and they don't make that chassis anymore. It was really only made for Ryan in limited numbers, but at 4.2lbs, it broaches the weight requirements I'm trying to stay within anyways. Thanks though!
Ah, fair enough. Good luck in your search!

I have a 300 NMI built on a manners EH1 with the Borden Bigfoot action. Check with Ryan Pierce at Piercision Rifles good chance he has one in stock.

"The action is designed to fit in a Remington 700 long action inletted stock that has been opened slightly to accept the larger diameter."

It's only .050 larger in diameter than a Remington 700 so wouldn't take much.