Need a lightweight vertical grip stock

50DA06B8-19BC-4809-BDEE-FFADB856B37C.jpeg
Gamescout is lightweight and nice if your barrel will fit. Great slim profile.

The comb sits low for me and have to use some type of cheek pad.

Manners seem to have a higher comb that fits me better.

View attachment 152973 Gamescout is lightweight and nice if your barrel will fit. Great slim profile.

The comb sits low for me and have to use some type of cheek pad.

Manners seem to have a higher comb that fits me better.

Will a #4 Bartlein barrel fit? Which Manners do you recommend? I have a GAT on my Edge and like it, but not the style I want for my 300.

I have a 3b I have measured and it really looks like it will take a little more off the edge that I want (don't want it to chip).

Maybe someone will chime in. The Game Warden is made for a bigger profile barrel.

Will a #4 Bartlein barrel fit? Which Manners do you recommend? I have a GAT on my Edge and like it, but not the style I want for my 300.

From McMillan:

"The Game Scout design is a duplicate of the Remington Classic stock but with the popular A-3 vertical pistol grip. This gives McMillan A-series stock owners a smooth transition from their tactical stock to a compact hunting stock. It is an ambidextrous stock and can be inletted for most right hand and left hand Remington type actions and for barrel contours up to about a #4 Douglas or Remington Varmint size. It can also be ordered with either of the optional integral cheekpieces. Also available for Winchester, Sako and TIkka T3 actions."

The Game Hunter and Game Warden stocks take heavier contour barrels than a Douglas #4.

I have an McM Game Scout with a Bartlein #3b in it. Still room for slightly bigger contour.

20190812_180004.jpg

I have an McM Game Warden on a Rock Creek "Sendero" (slightly heavier than a Rem Sendero). Better fit for a heavier contour.

20190518_103514.jpg

I also have 6 Manners stocks. I prefer Manners myself.
EH1
EH1
EH2
PRS2
PRS2
PRS2

If you want a more traditional style stock, the EH2/EH3 are your best bet. EH4 is like EH2, but shorter forend for more compact rifles with shorter barrels.

EH2
20170612_165632_zpsan0xg74e.jpg

If you like a straight comb, EH1 is a perfect fit for a crossover style stock. Fits up to a full bull.
20190719_174204.jpg

Manners eh1 or gunwerks new magnus
I know manners will hold up to abuse and I am testing the magnus now. I have there muzzleloader and harvest a New Mexico bull 4 days ago. Love how the magnus is designed just have to give It time to see how it holds up.
Also got a verdict stock from gunwerks for a 300 Norma improved as well. It is for use with thermal and night vision clip ons.

Love the manners prs stocks as well have it on 6mm creed for prs matches just a little heavier then I Like for hunting.

Game scout is excellent the only thing I wish the fore end was slightly longer as to push the bipod further forward as with a 28" serendo barrel and a mod it is close to being muzzle heavy but the ergonomics are excellentView attachment 152999

Manners EH1 is the ticket. Could also do the T2 in elite layup. Basically same stock, but a little wider up front. Grip is comfortable and new ones have a little thumb shelf. Definitely light weight and if you stay away from mini chassis and just bed the action you'll be happy!

I have a normal fill Game Scout and really like it, but I would definitely go adjustable comb. I'm not sure if you can do that with edge fill though.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I like the AG stocks. Anyone have any experience with a McMillan Game Scout?
I have both the McMillan GS/GW and AG Alpine Hunter. Both have proof Sendero profiles and fit via my smith. Both great stocks but certainly different feel. Glad to send a pic or take some measurements if needed.

Love the manners prs stocks as well have it on 6mm creed for prs matches just a little heavier then I Like for hunting.
I have 3 on hunting rifles. But I don't like true UL hunting rifles. I will take a 9-10.5lb hunting rifle all day long.
6.5SLR @ 10lbs 8oz, 6CM @ 9lbs 14oz, 6.5SS @ 10lbs 0oz.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.