Pistol Grip Stocks

3fingervic

I am wondering why big named companies; such as Remington, Savage,Winchester ect. don't offer pistol grip stocks? I know some offer McMillian stocks on their guns, but why wouldn't they produce their own? I feel this style of stock if superior to the "traditional" stock. If they did, wouldn't it make some of the aftermarket boys be a little more competitive with their prices?

liltank

They offer thumb hole stocks which is a variation to the pistol grip. You are just stuck with wood. My guess is the cost of design and changing up tooling. It is easier to customize a customers rifle than trying to fit everybody's taste in a production model. My guess is that is why you only see them in tactical style rifles. "Jim Bob" from the backwoods would probably not feel comfortable shooting anything "Fancy" like a pistol grip and stick with what he knows to be tried and true styling and function. For the 5% that know the benefits of such a configuration can only appreciate it. Just my .02.

Tank

Last edited:

3fingervic

They offer thumb hole stocks which is a variation to the pistol grip. You are just stuck with would. My guess is the cost of design and changing up tooling. It is easier to customize a customers rifle than trying to fit everybody's taste in a production model. My guess is that is why you only see them in tactical style rifles. "Jim Bob" from the backwoods would probably not feel comfortable shooting anything "Fancy" like a pistol grip and stick with what he knows to be tried and true styling and function. For the 5% that know the benefits of such a configuration can only appreciate it. Just my .02.

Tank

Your post makes sense to me, but I don't like it.:) I dream about a day when the traditional type stock is the exception.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.