Opinions on Accubonds

They have the advantage of shooting to nearly identical POI as the same weight Ballistic Tips. This allows for sighting and plinking with the much more readily available Ballistic Tips(which are great for hunting also) while saving the Accubonds for hunting.
Okay, good to know! Thanks!!

Hello, Everyone,
What is your opinion on factory made Nosler accubonds? The few times that I have used them, I thought that they did a great job. But, I would love to hear your opinions on them good or bad. I mainly want to hear about how deadly you think they are on big game animals. Thank you for all and any info!
I was a long-time Nosler user (NP, NAB, NBT, a bit of the LRAB) with very good success. However, I transitioned to Berger bullets in the early 2000s as my go-to bullet and was much happier.

Nosler ABLRs are my second favorite, behind Nosler Partitions. I use Partitions for all big game where no shots over 500 yards will be taken. For longer ranges, the ABLRs are my preferred bullet. Nosler produces the best DRT bullets out there.

Great bullets. Yes the price is a bit high but they are hunting bullets not plinking bullets.
280 AI 160 grain accubond @ 2950. Bull elk under 100 yards through both shoulders and found just poking out the far side.
106 grains now.

Attachments

• 28EFEF1E-D448-4D25-9FB8-5A8EB3C65E0F.jpeg
    28EFEF1E-D448-4D25-9FB8-5A8EB3C65E0F.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 14
I have used them from 25 cal, 26, 27, 28, 30, 33 & 37 so far on pigs, foxes, deer, horses, donkeys, Water buff and African plains game and have never had a failure. I had some weird outcomes using the .375" 260g Accubond on buff from a 375 Weatherby, but from a 375H&H they worked as intended with impact velocities about 200fps slower.
Accubonds are one of the best bullets on the market.

Cheers.

Gday rugerhawd413
Big animals you need to keep to the heaviest side to get reliable /consistent results & I will guesstimate on the big game animals
I haven't bought any accubonds for a while now but they were my go to pill for a lot of years because they work but moved on these days as better pills are now available that are more consistent but that's for another time

Overall The accubond is a good bullet but weight is one to watch along with the velocity impact & some others have mentioned those which I'll not go over that again
Lrab be extremely careful of the lighter weight offerings as these just won't penertrate ( big animal bones & shoulders not ribs or in the crease )

Here's one of my draws I don't open much these days
F5667681-4991-478B-BF22-78CCDD39B5C5.jpegbut as you can see a fair few accubond were amongst them because they held up to the test of time
I only use these for kids these days as a teaching tool & I will take some people on some culls to show weaknesses in pill designs as no better way than showing actual field results but due to health that is mainly a distant memory @ present

Cheers

I think it was in the 1970's or 1980's the 180 gr Nosler Partitions became impossible to find so I started using the Accubond.30 cal 180 gr and 200 gr.Way more accurate than Partitions in my rifles.
The 180 gr Accubond has accounted for 9 or 10 elk and at least a dozen mule deer.I have never recovered an Accubond.All pass throughs.
The 200 gr was supposed to be my elk bullet but it too became harder to find so I just stick with the 180 gr and am very happy with them.
My favorite bullet 180 gr Accubond.