Opinions on a good straight up hunting optic for $500-$700 dollars

Hey guys, what all your opinions on a good hunting scope to go on a tikka t3x lite in 6.5 creed? Trying to keep the overall package around 8lbs scoped. This will be my 0-500 yard whitetail rifle and will also be for my boy when he goes hunting next year so I dont need anything fancy. Looking for something in that 3-15ish power range with an easy to use reticle. Illumination is nice but not a must. A low profile exposed turrent is a bonus. I've seen a few but just cant make up my mind. Trying to keep in around d 500-700 bucks

I will add another vote for a good used scope. You can get a much better used scope in that price range than you can a new scope.

Hey guys, what all your opinions on a good hunting scope to go on a tikka t3x lite in 6.5 creed? Trying to keep the overall package around 8lbs scoped. This will be my 0-500 yard whitetail rifle and will also be for my boy when he goes hunting next year so I dont need anything fancy. Looking for something in that 3-15ish power range with an easy to use reticle. Illumination is nice but not a must. A low profile exposed turrent is a bonus. I've seen a few but just cant make up my mind. Trying to keep in around d 500-700 bucks
Look at Tract Optics. Can't be beat for the price. They are a direct retailer. Online only. Google them. Tractoptics

My vote would be for the Leupold VX3I 4.5-14x40 30mm cds new they are about $575 And used $450-500. These scope are great for almost any hunting scenario and not very heavy.

Burris Veracity!

Save yourself some money. Go to OpticsPlanet and buy the Nikon P5, 3-12X with side focus for parallex and the BDC reticle. The BDC is near-perfect for your Creedmor and very easy to use as you avoid all calculations. The list price is $218.49!!!

I would online for a used scope that is in the ballpark such as a zeiss 5x25x40 or a good leopold scope !

Used Leupolds for years with no issue. If you have an issue, free fix usually with amazing service. I have LR Vx scopes bought used like new for 650.00 and super accurate dials...for the $ hard to beat IMHO

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts