Athlon Optic opinions

I'd stay away from them as I think for the money you can get a better all around scope good with use of the higher mag, under 15 they are good but I'll stay with a different brand, NOT BEEN IMPRESSED with them at ALL

Has anyone messed with the Athlon Helos?? That looks like an impressive scope for the $500 mark.

Has anyone messed with the Athlon Helos?? That looks like an impressive scope for the $500 mark.
I have four of them. All 8-34x56, two MIL and two MOA. They're nice for what they are, the turrets seem to work well. They're pretty bright compared to my Vortexes in the same to slightly higher price point range, but I'd expect that because they're 56mm vs 50mm. I do like the dot center in the mil scope more than the cross in the MOA.

I prefer the Helos over the HS-T, but not over the PST. So a $500 scope > $650 scope, but not a $900 scope, which seems fair.

I don't plan on buying another scope below the $2k price point any time soon, and I could see myself buying an Athlon Cronus over a Vortex Razor.

Last edited:
A friend has the 2x12 in MIL. I was able to shoot the rifle with it attatched. I was very impressed by the clarity and tactile turrets. I could see it being very useful on a rifle used for 600 yards and in.

As I mentioned earlier, the 2-12 is quickly becoming my favorite scope in not just the sub $500 range but even the sub $1000-$1200 range. They are fantastic for the price with a great hunting reticle, awesome turrets, and great illumination. The size is nice too. Here's an SBR I just finished, 6.5 Grendel. Should be hell on whitetail this fall.

398C5245-F853-4B6C-9970-420EFF1B0C08.jpeg

Recent Posts