Opinions on a good straight up hunting optic for $500-$700 dollars

Hey guys, what all your opinions on a good hunting scope to go on a tikka t3x lite in 6.5 creed? Trying to keep the overall package around 8lbs scoped. This will be my 0-500 yard whitetail rifle and will also be for my boy when he goes hunting next year so I dont need anything fancy. Looking for something in that 3-15ish power range with an easy to use reticle. Illumination is nice but not a must. A low profile exposed turrent is a bonus. I've seen a few but just cant make up my mind. Trying to keep in around d 500-700 bucks

~ $500 Primary Arms SLx 3-18X50 FFP 6.5CR reticle ( OK glass, good tracking scope with best reticle for 6.5 Creedmore):

~ $250 Redfield Revolution 4-12X40 (true hunting scope with great eyebox and glass for the money, American Made, light weight and low profile):

~ $350 Covenant 7 3-21X50 SFP ( on sale for $250 now, 34mm tube, bright clear scope with $400+ glass, just bought 2 of them on sale and don't care if they track well or not because they are worth $400 just for the glass if they hold zero)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts